TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New Service Center coming to Waterloo Region!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by McFlurri, Apr 6, 2018.

1. McFlurri

McFlurri Active Member

Hey everyone,

I've known about this for a few weeks but wasn't really allowed to share.. But seeing as it was in the Waterloo Region Record (Local newspaper), figured I would share the good news!

Kitchener, Ontario is finally getting a Tesla Service Center!!!!

It will be located at the old SAAB dealership on Victoria Street across from KW Surplus. I have been told it should open in the summer.

I guess Tesla recognized just how valuable Waterloo Region is to their business.

Anyways.. just wanted to share the good news for those people who may not have known about this.

• Informative x 5
    • Like x 3
    • Love x 2
  2. waterloo42

waterloo42 Supporting Member

I'd heard rumours about it as well but not the location so it's great to see it's actually happening! Kitchener-Waterloo has a lot of Teslas for the size of the population, likely because of the tech community here. I know several people in the neighbourhood on the Model 3 waiting list.

Next thing to find out: where are the Superchargers going to go?

3. Phillip L

Phillip L Gas Passer

Great. Will be a shorter drive for all of us northwest and southwest of the GTA to get serviced.

• Like x 1
  4. McFlurri

McFlurri Active Member

Well there are already the 16 new superchargers at the Cambridge smart centres.. plus there will be some at the service centre.

Also, there are plans to have the new urban chargers in Waterloo on Regina St in the municipal lot near the CN Rail Tracks.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  5. 03DSG

03DSG Active Member

I imagine the new SC will have some as well?

6. Silver Bird

Silver Bird Member

That is fantastic news.
    I'm a Model 3 res holder and deferred my invite to configure. Mainly waiting for AWD and a roof rack solution, but one of my other small hesitations is service center an hour away.

Ideally the Victoria St bridge work will be complete before I need to visit.

This could also be beneficial for all areas Northwest - I know there are a few Teslas in the Bruce Power neck of the woods

7. waterloo42

waterloo42 Supporting Member

Ah good... they're on the Tesla map for 2018 and Oakville SC doesn't have the superchargers so wasn't sure if they'd be at the new SC. Either way, it's good to hear they're still planning to install in Uptown.

8. savage698

savage698 New Member

This is awesome news. Living in Listowel, I wasn't looking forward to travelling 2 hours for a trip to my nearest SC when I needed it...when I eventually get my Tesla that is.

9. wayner

wayner Active Member

Good news - Tesla needs to start building a lot more service centres. Today they have insufficient Service Centres given the fleet of Teslas out there and I hate to see what will happen once Model 3s start to get delivered in volume.

I doubt that they will have SuperChargers located at the Service Centre as they have found that this isn't an ideal situation - see Lawrence as an example. The Kitchener Supercharger site will likely be located somewhere else in the city.

10. SportsmanFlyer

11. SportsmanFlyer

This is terrific news. Other locations are also very overloaded and this also is close enough to other locations in Ontario to reduce their load which will really will get busy when Model 3's start arriving.

12. kbeckley

kbeckley Supporting Member

Agree on the good news. More the better. Right now the Mississauga location does not appear to be overloaded. I tried to book into Lawrence and they are back up to 3 weeks delay but they suggest Mississauga and I took it in the next day. Agree model 3 will most likely change that.

13. M109Rider

M109Rider Active Member

That’s perfect. !
    Thanks to the OP for letting us know.

I’m late to this party, and only reserved at the beginning of this month (April 2018).

I’ve now watched a ton of YouTube video’s on the Model 3, leaving me really impatient to get one.
    Unlike most of you folks here that were on the ball early, and are poised to get your car, I have to suffer until likely next year.

At least that service centre will be in operation by the time mine arrives. ..

Ugh. :)

• Like x 1
  14. phigment

phigment Member

Took a peek at the building today. Looks like nothing has been done yet on the outside or inside. Still has all the SAAB signs up. Lots of construction around the area though due to the Hiway 8 overpass being rebuilt.

15. M109Rider

M109Rider Active Member

Drove by here recently. Doesn’t look like this service Centre is a priority.
    Seems to be moving along slowly. ..

I thought I read a thread someplace that Tesla is installing a supercharger in Kitchener somewhere.

Did anyone else hear that, or so I have it wrong. ?

16. McFlurri

McFlurri Active Member

They are supposed to be installing the new urban super chargers in waterloo.

As for the service center... they hired the service manager for that location. Hopefully they start moving faster for construction. I want to apply for a job there lol.

• Funny x 1
  17. MarcoRP

MarcoRP Supercharge Info Editor

You seemed to know about the SC, might you happen to have an idea on where the Superchargers will be?

18. M109Rider

M109Rider Active Member

I hope this is moved along.

Where did you read or hear about the urban Superchargers ?
    I’m wondering if they changed their mind, because there is no permit pulled for any chargers in the KW area as per the Tesla app.

19. McFlurri

McFlurri Active Member

Uptown waterloo on regina st.

20. McFlurri

McFlurri Active Member

Its on Tesla's website under the supercharger map. Going to be at uptown waterloo on Regina St. Basically beside the railroad tracks.

The urban chargers are to be installed in urban centres. Makes sense as then each charger gets max output rather than the current version of 1A, 1B...

• Like x 1