Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Service Center coming to Waterloo Region!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone,

I've known about this for a few weeks but wasn't really allowed to share.. But seeing as it was in the Waterloo Region Record (Local newspaper), figured I would share the good news!

Kitchener, Ontario is finally getting a Tesla Service Center!!!!

It will be located at the old SAAB dealership on Victoria Street across from KW Surplus. I have been told it should open in the summer.

I guess Tesla recognized just how valuable Waterloo Region is to their business.

Anyways.. just wanted to share the good news for those people who may not have known about this.

I'd heard rumours about it as well but not the location so it's great to see it's actually happening! Kitchener-Waterloo has a lot of Teslas for the size of the population, likely because of the tech community here. I know several people in the neighbourhood on the Model 3 waiting list.

Next thing to find out: where are the Superchargers going to go?

I'd heard rumours about it as well but not the location so it's great to see it's actually happening! Kitchener-Waterloo has a lot of Teslas for the size of the population, likely because of the tech community here. I know several people in the neighbourhood on the Model 3 waiting list.

Next thing to find out: where are the Superchargers going to go?
Well there are already the 16 new superchargers at the Cambridge smart centres.. plus there will be some at the service centre.

Also, there are plans to have the new urban chargers in Waterloo on Regina St in the municipal lot near the CN Rail Tracks.

That is fantastic news.
I'm a Model 3 res holder and deferred my invite to configure. Mainly waiting for AWD and a roof rack solution, but one of my other small hesitations is service center an hour away.

Ideally the Victoria St bridge work will be complete before I need to visit.

This could also be beneficial for all areas Northwest - I know there are a few Teslas in the Bruce Power neck of the woods

Well there are already the 16 new superchargers at the Cambridge smart centres.. plus there will be some at the service centre.

Also, there are plans to have the new urban chargers in Waterloo on Regina St in the municipal lot near the CN Rail Tracks.

Ah good... they're on the Tesla map for 2018 and Oakville SC doesn't have the superchargers so wasn't sure if they'd be at the new SC. Either way, it's good to hear they're still planning to install in Uptown.

Good news - Tesla needs to start building a lot more service centres. Today they have insufficient Service Centres given the fleet of Teslas out there and I hate to see what will happen once Model 3s start to get delivered in volume.

I doubt that they will have SuperChargers located at the Service Centre as they have found that this isn't an ideal situation - see Lawrence as an example. The Kitchener Supercharger site will likely be located somewhere else in the city.

This is terrific news. Other locations are also very overloaded and this also is close enough to other locations in Ontario to reduce their load which will really will get busy when Model 3's start arriving.

Agree on the good news. More the better. Right now the Mississauga location does not appear to be overloaded. I tried to book into Lawrence and they are back up to 3 weeks delay but they suggest Mississauga and I took it in the next day. Agree model 3 will most likely change that.

That’s perfect. !
Thanks to the OP for letting us know.

I’m late to this party, and only reserved at the beginning of this month (April 2018).

I’ve now watched a ton of YouTube video’s on the Model 3, leaving me really impatient to get one.
Unlike most of you folks here that were on the ball early, and are poised to get your car, I have to suffer until likely next year.

At least that service centre will be in operation by the time mine arrives. ..

Ugh. :)

Reactions: SmartElectric
They are supposed to be installing the new urban super chargers in waterloo.

As for the service center... they hired the service manager for that location. Hopefully they start moving faster for construction. I want to apply for a job there lol.

I hope this is moved along.

Where did you read or hear about the urban Superchargers ?
I’m wondering if they changed their mind, because there is no permit pulled for any chargers in the KW area as per the Tesla app.

I hope this is moved along.

Where did you read or hear about the urban Superchargers ?
I’m wondering if they changed their mind, because there is no permit pulled for any chargers in the KW area as per the Tesla app.
Its on Tesla's website under the supercharger map. Going to be at uptown waterloo on Regina St. Basically beside the railroad tracks.

The urban chargers are to be installed in urban centres. Makes sense as then each charger gets max output rather than the current version of 1A, 1B...

Reactions: M109Rider