Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Service Center in Chicagoland!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Being a brand new Tesla owner (two weeks!) I had to do a double-take the other day when I saw a huge building with the word TESLA on it as I drove down a busy street only minutes from my house. The location in question is in Schaumburg, IL, in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago. The building is on Golf Road, near Woodfield Mall and was previously an Audi dealership (I believe). The building looked empty but I just had to find out if it was going to indeed be a new service center. I did some digging around, and it looks like this is really going to happen. See the attached photo below. In addition, I found this corroborating link: Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) Service Center.

This is great news if you live in the Chicago metro area. The two existing options for us are quite inconveniently located in Highland Park and Westmont. Both facilities are also overbooked, so this would certainly relieve some of the congestion and create a more centralized location. With all the news of Tesla closing dealerships and service centers, this is PHENOMENAL news for those who live in this area ... and hopefully a good sign for the company!

edqNCgt.jpg

That’s great news! I’m near the Westmont center and it is constantly swamped - this will alleviate some of the problem. Hopefully none of you have occasion to visit the new body shop in Elk Grove village but I can tell you first hand it is massive.

Chris P, I didn't know anything about the body shop in Elk Grove. Is this a Tesla shop? Got more info?

Yes it is the Tesla body shop. It replaces the body shop in Villa Park, and looks to be the size of an airplane hangar. Very impressively laid out with stations to keep work moving. It also included a large parts warehouse. Once they staff it to capacity it will handle a ton of cars - the only bottleneck now is the lack of a full staff.

Reactions: braoudap
Yes it is the Tesla body shop. It replaces the body shop in Villa Park, and looks to be the size of an airplane hangar. Very impressively laid out with stations to keep work moving. It also included a large parts warehouse. Once they staff it to capacity it will handle a ton of cars - the only bottleneck now is the lack of a full staff.

Yeah my car was one of the very first to go through there. In fact, my car was transferred from Westmont to Villa Park to Elk Grove Village. I forget the manager's name, but he was a very nice guy. Gave me a tour of the place. Extremely impressive!

Reactions: braoudap
According to the Tesla site this is open. I can schedule service at that location.

I wonder if Tesla will push WI deliveries to this spot instead of Highland Park, at least for folks around Madison. Since it's about 30min closer than Highland Park, from Madison at least.