Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Service Center - Renton

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
just drove by moments ago there's a few more Teslas in the parking lot, and the service center is open and I can see people inside. There really isn't anything in the showroom yet, but I don't think they need that to service cars. If anybody goes to this service center, ask them if they're going to have publicly available superchargers.

• Informative
Reactions: ChrisH
Just had my vehicle serviced yesterday (1-7-2020) at the new Renton Service center which opened on Jan 6th, 2020. Nice facility but they have very limited charging, and no super charger planned at this point. The service adviser said they will be closing the Seattle SoDo location at the end of January, and splitting the workload between Renton and Bellevue. It was a nice visit and only 3 customers in the whole place....boy that kind of service can spoil you!

• Informative
Reactions: goneskiian
Maybe someone needs to tweet at Elon and ask for superchargers at the Renton dealership lol.
As you can see, they have the space .
They might put one in for service center use but I highly doubt they would put a public supercharger there. They have gone away from that model for the last year or two even de-listing existing superchargers that are located at service centers (see Burbank, CA and Buena Park, CA for example). While some service center superchargers in areas that are less Tesla-dense do still show up in the Nav (the SLC one mentioned above for example), this area does not fit that model. It would make more sense to put an urban supercharger at Southcenter or some place similar than to crowd this service center with supercharger traffic.

They might put one in for service center use but I highly doubt they would put a public supercharger there. They have gone away from that model for the last year or two even de-listing existing superchargers that are located at service centers (see Burbank, CA and Buena Park, CA for example). While some service center superchargers in areas that are less Tesla-dense do still show up in the Nav (the SLC one mentioned above for example), this area does not fit that model. It would make more sense to put an urban supercharger at Southcenter or some place similar than to crowd this service center with supercharger traffic.
Well the location is pretty good in my opinion, if you consider ease of access to the highway. They could also install some across the street by the Starbucks. Southcenter seems like a logical place, but space seems to be a premium there. Renton on the other hand, at lease by the dealerships, has ample free lots.

Reactions: goneskiian