TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

New Service Center (Sunnyvale, CA)

Discussion in 'California' started by jchangyy, Nov 9, 2013.

1. jchangyy

jchangyy Member

New Service Center just opened today for test drives (not sure if test drives are for reservation holders). I happened to drive by and noticed people checking out cars. Staff was there to give test drives. I got free coffee and muffins. They open for service officially on Monday (according to the staff)

2. DrComputer

DrComputer Member

What's the address? It's not listed on the Tesla site yet.

3. William13

William13 Member

Are there any vampires?

4. giants2001

giants2001 Member

I happen to be car number one to get serviced here. They did an outstanding job. For their first day I was very impressed with the entire process.

5. dennis

dennis P85D

When I was at the Fremont SC last week I learned that Brian, who was a great service advisor in Fremont, was promoted to Service Manager at the new Sunnyvale SC. I'm sure he will do an outstanding job!

- - - Updated - - -

750 E El Camino Real Sunnyvale. A long time ago it was Allison BMW before they moved to Mountain View. Bought a few cars there...

6. ddenboer

ddenboer MODEL X #1770

I have an appointment there on Wednesday, and have a long list of service bulletins to get fixed on my Sig. When I found out they have no loaner cars, I told them it will have to be done on two separate days and that I needed my car back each day.
    Kind of a bummer that no loaners yet. Thought they had solved that one.

7. DIL

DIL Member

Sweet. Right near work. will have to check it out.

Website also says that Walnut Creek will open soon too. Don't know where, though.

8. JPP

JPP Active Member

...we have been seeing the 'coming soon' for Walnut Creek for months....

9. Larry

Larry Member

Service in Fremont said Walnut Creek end of Jan beginning of Feb

10. JPP

JPP Active Member

Just an update on the Walnut Creek Store and Service Centers...

Store...I was by the Broadway Plaza location at end-of-day today 4/3/14, and the temporary construction door was open. I chatted with the foreman and 2 workers. The foreman works for TMs 'prime contractor' building out stores. He noted that he has not been home since New Years and does not expect to be home again until July 4th. He goes around the country from location to location doing the build-out/renovation of the Stores. He has done 1 in NJ, plus the Sunnyvale and Corte Madera stores. He says that they have a lot of Stores in the pipeline.

They have done the interior demolition back to the studs and subfloor. They have to do the finishes (including float the floor and lay tile) and do the electrical, lighting, etc. Looks like the finished space will be about 20x40 feet, not bad given the constrained real estate in Broadway Plaza. They will keep the glass front entrance and the wide door opening to be able to bring inside 1 model S and 1 'skateboard'. They expect to have the work done by the first week in May.

The 6 HPWCs are going into the adjacent garage, on the first floor (technically in part of the employee parking area along the exterior wall backing up onto South Main St.). This parking area is accessed from the south side off of Broadway Plaza Road, through a swinging arm gate. I spoke with the security guard there (the security booth is actually close to the gated entrance) and he is not sure how they will control access for 'casual TM owners' who want to charge. Presumably the TM employees will have an RFID gate card to enter and exit the area. Maybe if you need to charge you will need to park upstairs, go to the TM Store, check in and get access. The transformer has been placed just outside the garage and the distribution panel/circuit breaker panel has been mounted onto the inside of the exterior wall (multiple 100A circuits inside the panel). The contractor (working in the Sales office) told me that they expect to get the mounting boxes and disconnects for the HPWCs in a week or so and hope to have the HPWCs wired up and working in a couple of weeks (...does not mean we can get access and charge).

Service...the suspected location on N. Main St (old Cooks Collision) shows little obvious change. Still has an Available real estate sign out front, however there are fewer MB cars parked there. The Sales office contractor did not know much about the service center (I get the feeling that these are done by different contractors).

If anyone has any better/updated news on the Service Center (maybe someone knows someone in the WC Building Dept who can check permits), please post here.

11. JPP

JPP Active Member

Walnut Creek update

I was at Broadway Plaza Monday (4 days ago) and went by the new Sales office location. I chatted up the general contractor who was up to his ears in subs (crawling over each other to finish up). The floor has been laid, walls done, electrician hanging light fixtures, casework just delivered. He is scheduled to turn over the store to TM on Mon.4/21. TM still needs to install 'trade dress', displays, computers, telephony, networking, furniture, plus 1 chassis and 1 Model S. The expected 'go live' date is on or about May 1st.

The 6 HPWCs are being installed in the garage on the first floor (was part of the employee parking area). The floor has been epoxy painted and red striping applied to the floor and walls. The electricians were to hang new lighting this week and install the HPWCs. He expects that this will be ready next Monday as well (but likely not available to us before the store actually opens).

As far as the Service Center, no new activity at the N. Main Street location.

BTW, I was out at the Corte Madera Sales center (Village @ Corte Madera). Their permanent larger location in the mall is expected to 'go live' on May 1st as well, with room for a chassis and 2 Model S. The 6 HPWCs are around back and run at 208V 72A (due to the mall's infrastructure). If the spaces are full, park somewhere and go into the store and ask for Brian or another sales team member and they can move a test drive car to free up a space.