Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Service Ft. Lauderdale Center Coming

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Driving on Federal Highway near Oakland Park tonight and saw a new Service Center building under construction. Previously thought the location was going to be a big box retail store or something like that but now there’s a Tesla sign on a it and a Service entrance sign.

That used to be a Best Buy... 1901 N Federal Highway, right? Strange thing is, the Best Buy site says it still is! I called the BB number and it says they're open (though I didn't talk to a human). Weird, overlapping universes or something. :)

Correct. The former Best Buy on Federal Highway. My brother lives across the street and took a pic last night:

dcd26a0f-75aa-4694-9f63-194d08d4711e.jpg

Ah, oh, ok, I see what's what! The address has been reported wrong elsewhere. It's *not* 1901, it's 2829 (N. Federal Hwy). It's the oooooold Best Buy building, not the *current* Best Buy building (which is 1901). Whew! I was afraid Best Buy had closed! :)

I can see the confusion. It's in a building that "used to be Best Buy" -and- the facade has changed shape: The old facade at 2829 had a sloped roof, while the 1901 building has the rectangular pop up like the photos show -- which means they changed the facade at 2829 away from the slope to a rectangle pop up, so the two buildings now look very much the same, and they're close-ish (9 blocks apart).

Aaaand, yes, the Tesla site lists 2829 as the address.

I'll be out there in a couple weeks, this is cool. Now if they have some customer-usable superchargers there I would be totally excited.