Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Service & Sales Center: Superior, CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had a mobile service done in Boulder and asked the guy if he'd heard anything. He said Superior is set to open January 1st (maybe I should have asked what year!). He said they are moving people from Evans and Littleton centers to have "experienced" mechanics there. Very excited!!
I wonder if they'll have any deliveries there on the 31st. Last year, they had a couple temporary locations in the metro area to help out during the rush.

I wonder if they'll have any deliveries there on the 31st. Last year, they had a couple temporary locations in the metro area to help out during the rush.
Sorry, I didn't ask. I'm really wondering if it'll be open on the 1st because I'm not seeing a lot of progress driving there 5 times a week dropping my daughter at hockey. At least they put up signs last week. Maybe someone can post an interior picture to see if anything is happening

Just had a mobile service done in Boulder and asked the guy if he'd heard anything. He said Superior is set to open January 1st (maybe I should have asked what year!). He said they are moving people from Evans and Littleton centers to have "experienced" mechanics there. Very excited!!
That is truly terrible news. I'd really rather see them start fresh with a whole new crew than use the techs I've had experience with at those two locations. I had really hoped that a whole new facility would also bring a fresh clean-slate approach as well. If they just shuffle the same poor customer service and tech support to another location I really don't get what the point is.

• Disagree
Reactions: gregoryg and brd7
That is truly terrible news. I'd really rather see them start fresh with a whole new crew than use the techs I've had experience with at those two locations. I had really hoped that a whole new facility would also bring a fresh clean-slate approach as well. If they just shuffle the same poor customer service and tech support to another location I really don't get what the point is.
I hear what you're saying but "the point" for me and others in the Boulder area is convenience. Plus, being optimistic, I'm sure they will have new people but I think for the opening, they'll have some "experienced" people as well. I do think it will transition to a brand new crew once it's up and running. The problem with Tesla service is systemic to the company, not just one SC.

IMG_2467.jpeg
Looking pretty good! Interesting roof design for sure.

I hear what you're saying but "the point" for me and others in the Boulder area is convenience. Plus, being optimistic, I'm sure they will have new people but I think for the opening, they'll have some "experienced" people as well. I do think it will transition to a brand new crew once it's up and running. The problem with Tesla service is systemic to the company, not just one SC.
Being as I'm in the Fort Collins area, anything further North than the current option is more convenient. Location is the least of our concerns however if you live in this region and ever expect to need customer service.

The problem is that if I still can't talk to anyone of the phone or get my car fixed in a timely manner or fixed properly the first time or (has been the case lately) all of the above simultaneously on each transaction... a location 20-minutes closer isn't really going to solve anything. Location proximity is the least of their concerns currently and saying that the existing problem is going to spread their culture to the new location is an ominous sign of continued bad support in this region.

While I tend to agree that it's a systemic problem I'm not 100% convinced it goes to the very top. There are plenty of people on this and other forums who defend Tesla and talk of good customer service experiences. If this is indeed true it points to a regional problem. I've also spoke with a select few current and former Tesla employees who volunteered information regarding upper management of this region that supports that theory.

Usually when a larger company opens a new location they select the best and brightest employees to open the new location. They want whatever it is that those exceptional individuals do right to spread to new locations that haven't yet become corrupt with laziness and poor performance. This model has been used successfully for generations now because it works.

Using people who are already giving awful customer service to open this new location because they're "close" is just further proof that management doesn't see this as an issue which is only going to kick the can down the road and us as customers will continue paying the price.

Being as I'm in the Fort Collins area, anything further North than the current option is more convenient. Location is the least of our concerns however if you live in this region and ever expect to need customer service.

The problem is that if I still can't talk to anyone of the phone or get my car fixed in a timely manner or fixed properly the first time or (has been the case lately) all of the above simultaneously on each transaction... a location 20-minutes closer isn't really going to solve anything. Location proximity is the least of their concerns currently and saying that the existing problem is going to spread their culture to the new location is an ominous sign of continued bad support in this region.

While I tend to agree that it's a systemic problem I'm not 100% convinced it goes to the very top. There are plenty of people on this and other forums who defend Tesla and talk of good customer service experiences. If this is indeed true it points to a regional problem. I've also spoke with a select few current and former Tesla employees who volunteered information regarding upper management of this region that supports that theory.

Usually when a larger company opens a new location they select the best and brightest employees to open the new location. They want whatever it is that those exceptional individuals do right to spread to new locations that haven't yet become corrupt with laziness and poor performance. This model has been used successfully for generations now because it works.

Using people who are already giving awful customer service to open this new location because they're "close" is just further proof that management doesn't see this as an issue which is only going to kick the can down the road and us as customers will continue paying the price.
Service Centers vary in quality, and it usually reflects that of the service manager. So look to the quality of the center the manager ran last.

In any case, Tesla's approach will be what you get, and there's no doubt that needs to improve. Having a person to talk to, and having that person know what's going on and why -- both of those have deteriorated over time. Parts availability has improved though.

I don't disagree with anything you're saying. Maybe I'm one of a lucky few that has had decent service experiences with my now, 2nd Model S. I too am unhappy with the longer charge times and the fact that my P90DL has been "detuned" so I'm not 100% in. In fact, this may be my last Tesla depending on what is out there by the time I start looking around. I also have never had a wreck causing the long wait times. That being said, I am very happy there is a SC much closer to me which makes my life better since driving almost an hour for an appointment was a huge pain for me.

Reactions: MrClown
I don't disagree with anything you're saying. Maybe I'm one of a lucky few that has had decent service experiences with my now, 2nd Model S. I too am unhappy with the longer charge times and the fact that my P90DL has been "detuned" so I'm not 100% in. In fact, this may be my last Tesla depending on what is out there by the time I start looking around. I also have never had a wreck causing the long wait times. That being said, I am very happy there is a SC much closer to me which makes my life better since driving almost an hour for an appointment was a huge pain for me.

If driving almost double that is a huge pain try doubling that drive time and see if the situation improves. I never said that having a service center slightly closer wasn't better but it's but a drop in the bucket of issues that Tesla needs to solve. It's also a LOT of resources on an entirely new location not too far away from two other locations they already can't properly staff & run. Forgive me if I don't put full confidence in a new coat of paint fixing the issue.

If chief among your concerns with Tesla "customer care" is the rate of charge and a potential detune then we're not talking about the same thing. I'm talking specifically about cars being broken, sometimes to the point of not being drivable, and not being able to talk to a human being or get the problem remedied properly in a timely manner. This also doesn't require having an accident to require customer service to fix broken items.

As it sits I currently drive about an hour-and-a-half one-way to the closest service center and that's if traffic is ideal. This Superior location will cut down on that drive time by probably 20 minutes or so I'm guessing. I'm not saying that it doesn't improve the situation because that would be inaccurate. What I am saying is that this minor improvement doesn't even register as a blip on the radar of the problems I've experienced and am currently experiencing in relation to the support I'm receiving.

What I'd love to see is them to improve the two centers they already have in the Denver area. I'm willing to drive slightly further if I know I'm going to get good customer service. Driving slightly less for the same horrendous service doesn't much appeal to me.

My sole beacon of hope during all of this was this new service center and that they would staff it with people who cared and enough of them to truly make a difference. Their solution is to ask the coyote how to best protect the chickens & help them secure them moving forward since he's got previous experience. Not very confidence inspiring to say the least.