Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Shoes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife ran over something and ripped a gash in the tire and damaged the right rear rim. I wanted new rims anyway, so I felt this was the opportunity to get it done sooner than originally planned.

I found these rims on eBay for around $600 (+ $80 for the lug nuts and other hardware) and I'm pretty pleased with the results. They match the same specifications as the originals (20 x 9 front, 20 x 10 rear).

ModelXShoes01.jpg

ModelXShoes02.jpg

ModelXShoes03.jpg

I paid $600 for all four wheels or $150 each - it was an awesome deal (in my humble opinion).

Brent
at $150 per wheel, I would be worry. A good quality wheel with proper rating ranges from $600 to $1500 per wheel.The X is a heavy car, you don't want your wheel to come off while you are on the highway. And I am sure Tesla won't be responsible for the damage.

at $150 per wheel, I would be worry. A good quality wheel with proper rating ranges from $600 to $1500 per wheel.The X is a heavy car, you don't want your wheel to come off while you are on the highway. And I am sure Tesla won't be responsible for the damage.
I'm looking at Axis Rims from TireRack which look very much like the Tesla turbine 22's (but in a 20 size). They are only $160/wheel and load rated for the MX. Wouldn't surprise me that these were fine.

The wheel rating should equal or exceed one half of the gross axle weight rating (GAWR) for each axle. The GAWR is found on the lower placard of the driver's pillar.
On my 75D the rear axle GAWR is 3693 lbs. Therefore the min rim rating on the rear would be 1847 lbs on each wheel. The numbers should be higher on 90Ds and 100Ds.
You might want to confirm the GAWR on your car.

The wheel rating should equal or exceed one half of the gross axle weight rating (GAWR) for each axle. The GAWR is found on the lower placard of the driver's pillar.
On my 75D the rear axle GAWR is 3693 lbs. Therefore the min rim rating on the rear would be 1847 lbs on each wheel. The numbers should be higher on 90Ds and 100Ds.
You might want to confirm the GAWR on your car.
Where did you get these numbers from?