Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Sirius XM Interface

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I didn't see this posted anywhere or maybe I missed it (and apologies if I did). Yesterday when I got into my car, there were release notes displayed on the MCU. I didn't get any or okay any software update so it appears this was maybe some kind of stealth update.

The main release note item was listed as:

Sirius XM Improvements
In this release, we have made improvements to the interface of Sirius XM to allow easier usability and discovery of stations, enhanced categorization of content, and improved the overall navigation experience.

Please note you must have an active subscription to listen to Sirius XM. Please see Subscription tab for more information.

--

There is now a separate Sirius XM icon on the media bar next to Spotify. It opens in an interface like Caraoke and Tune-In and is indeed much nicer. Station logos and album art are present and you can browse by a genres, categories, etc...

I wonder if they are possibly planning on supporting a streaming version of Sirius for those who lost access to it with the MCU2 upgrade.

-DJ

Reactions: davezforce
Hi all,

I didn't see this posted anywhere or maybe I missed it (and apologies if I did). Yesterday when I got into my car, there were release notes displayed on the MCU. I didn't get any or okay any software update so it appears this was maybe some kind of stealth update.

The main release note item was listed as:

Sirius XM Improvements
In this release, we have made improvements to the interface of Sirius XM to allow easier usability and discovery of stations, enhanced categorization of content, and improved the overall navigation experience.

Please note you must have an active subscription to listen to Sirius XM. Please see Subscription tab for more information.

--

There is now a separate Sirius XM icon on the media bar next to Spotify. It opens in an interface like Caraoke and Tune-In and is indeed much nicer. Station logos and album art are present and you can browse by a genres, categories, etc...

I wonder if they are possibly planning on supporting a streaming version of Sirius for those who lost access to it with the MCU2 upgrade.

-DJ
Assuming this is MCU2 only. I’ve seen no such notice on my MCU1 car. Probably doesn’t have enough space on the eMMC image for the streaming interface.

Noticed the graphics a couple days ago with 2020.28.6. They seemed to have fixed a bug where XM or regular radio wouldn’t stream when starting up the car. Pretty happy with the update since I listen to Chill

Same for me on 28.6 as of 3 days ago. This morning I had the stealth SXM update waiting on the screen. This has been so long in coming; finally have station graphics, logical categories and ease of use! The graphics improve both the center screen selection process and display on the driver's screen (no more ugly gray box).

I’m still on 202.24.6.11 (MCU1 btw) and got the pushed SXM update a couple hrs ago. Two issues: Favs don’t work/stick, ie I can hit the star to save it, but the station doesn’t show up under my Favs list. I like how previously my horizontal favs bar showed the SXM stations as well as the Slacker ones I had saved. That allowed me to shuffle through the stations as I pleased. Now it seems I have to switch between SXM and Slacker first before selecting the station.

I checked my car this morning. Surprised to see the release notes. I was not upgraded from 2020.24.6.11, however, so it seems the infotainment bits can be pushed separately from the main firmware.
04C17FB5-7ED5-4469-81ED-774D3EC826D1.jpeg

And from the “even more unexpected bonus stuff” department, I was greeted with a three-month trial subscription:
6AB6C130-A19B-414D-9B9F-3B0EDAC2F0A6.jpeg

I had gotten really used to the free Slacker/LiveXLive stations but now it seems there are more options for the next 3 months.

What I find interesting are the stations appearing with high channel numbers that are not supported by the older satellite hardware. Ideally, these additional stations would be streamed by internet.

If this is to support a future SiriusXM satellite option in future Tesla models, that would be excellent!

• Helpful
Reactions: idealsol
I found that I had received that stealth update Saturday morning. When I returned home after a 30 mile trip I couldn't turn the air conditioner off. That was followed by the center screen doing nothing. A scroll wheel reboot got it working again. Looks like I am on the downward spiral to a non-working MCU.

Received the Sirius stealth update overnight as well, then while checking it out I got 28.6. It was a long time coming to finally get an update for SirusXm. It brought over all of my favorites, I had to adjust the order of them that’s all. There is still no easy way to do that. It would be nice if they could Implement hold/drag to reorder. But idk maybe that is an Apple patent or something. Besides that I absolutely love the update. It’s nice to have album art finally, and a way better interface to see and select all of the channels than what we were used to.

Reactions: SoCal Buzz
I found that I had received that stealth update Saturday morning. When I returned home after a 30 mile trip I couldn't turn the air conditioner off. That was followed by the center screen doing nothing. A scroll wheel reboot got it working again. Looks like I am on the downward spiral to a non-working MCU.

Hopefully it just needed a reset and not a sign of an upcoming MCU failure. I always reboot after a software update as a preemptive fix for any weirdness that might occur. I used to get odd behavior for some features on an update, but after I started rebooting post-update everything has been fine.

Received the Sirius stealth update overnight as well, then while checking it out I got 28.6. It was a long time coming to finally get an update for SirusXm. It brought over all of my favorites, I had to adjust the order of them that’s all. There is still no easy way to do that. It would be nice if they could Implement hold/drag to reorder. But idk maybe that is an Apple patent or something. Besides that I absolutely love the update. It’s nice to have album art finally, and a way better interface to see and select all of the channels than what we were used to.
I don’t get album art. I get the channel logo. I wonder if that is 28.6 or MCU2?

I don’t get album art. I get the channel logo. I wonder if that is 28.6 or MCU2?
Some stations got art and some the channel logo. I just associated that with what was playing on the channel at that time. When I had turbo on it showed the actual album art, when I had bpm on it was showing the logo. Might depend on the song or show that is playing. It does the same on the app for the phone as well.

I’m still on 202.24.6.11 (MCU1 btw) and got the pushed SXM update a couple hrs ago. Two issues: Favs don’t work/stick, ie I can hit the star to save it, but the station doesn’t show up under my Favs list. I like how previously my horizontal favs bar showed the SXM stations as well as the Slacker ones I had saved. That allowed me to shuffle through the stations as I pleased. Now it seems I have to switch between SXM and Slacker first before selecting the station.

Same with me with 2017 MX. Just upgraded from AP2.0 to AP3 but still have MCU1 and on the same version (202.24.6.11). Happened on the morning of the 15th

I just noticed it today. Looks nice! This was announced over a month ago but never showed up on my S. I'm still on 28.6. There were no announcements but the difference is SXM no longer appears under radio but mow has it's own heading spot along the bottom of the window.

With the upgrade to the new SiriusXM interface, I see they took away the Direct Tune option (where you could actually punch in the station # you want). Is it really still there somewhere, but that I just don't see it? I did like that option, since it was easy to enter the station number (I visit them enough) instead of having to scroll thru the large list of stations or else scroll thru all my favorites, which contains a mix of radio/Slacker stations as well. Thanks.