Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New site theme and features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Making progress ! Thanks.

A few odd things ... or "odds&ends" ...
1] Why are some thread headings indented to the right in sub-forums?
2] What does the "OLD" bubble mean ? (That I've read everything inside that sub-forum?)
3] When doing a search there's a dark grey header that pops up at the top of the list which also informs me how many fractions of a second the search took -- I almost could not see it --- bad foreground/background color combination.
4] Icon Legend: I can't tell the difference between the two pink or the two grey icons.
5] I have a "Incomin Friend Requests" notification that I'm pretty sure I answered (more than once?), but the notification is not going away.

Thanks, MPT for all your time & hard work spent on making TMC the BEST! :)

1)Why are some thread headings indented to the right in sub-forums?
4) Icon Legend: I can't tell the difference between the two pink or the two grey icons.

I came in here and read through the whole thread to ask/complain about these two things as well.

In the sub-forum thread listings, what is the meaning of the red and blue envelope icons? It can't mean new/old, because I'm seeing new/unread messages in both colors. And what does indenting signify? If the indenting is a bug, then please fix that :)

Edit: I think the indenting correlates to the paperclip icon to the right of the thread title, apparently indicating an attachment (probably images in the thread). So, that indenting is a bug.

Last edited:
Making progress ! Thanks.
(snip)
1] Why are some thread headings indented to the right in sub-forums?
(snip)
Thanks, MPT for all your time & hard work spent on making TMC the BEST! :)

ChrisC got it right, the indention always occurs when the 'attachment' icon is present. I've tested in both Firefox and IE8 and saw the same thing. Note, also, it is only the paperclip icon - the tag icon also appears in the same location, but does not cause it to indent. I'm thinking it has something to do with the ".attachments" style, which includes "margin: 20px 30px;".

I like the new look overall. I think it's been addressed but the depth of each topic (height?) on the page takes up a lot of room so less topics appear per page. I've got a 23" monitor and most of the topics when I first look at the page are the stickies. Thanks for all your hard work on the new site too.

I didn't mean to sound irritated, was just keeping it short and bumping the thread.

I've got a 15-inch monitor and have a bit of scrolling to get past the stickies :)

FYI, because it's been suggested, the indenting can't be due to subscribed threads, because I'm not subscribed to any threads (I just read them all :) ) but I still see the indenting. It's the attachment icon, as mt2 said above.

Thanks for the work!

Last edited:
It appears that when one searchs by username, it only finds threads started by the user, where it used to find threads containing posts by the user

also when searching, containing forum isn't displayed, and ALL threads have bold titles, making it pretty hard to tell which thread's you've previously seen. At least Mark read works tho!