Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Sofrware 2019.32.11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the update last night in my 2016 AP 2 Model S 90D. Took a drive today. I do have Spotify but of course no Netflix. Autopilot has some changes. It now shows oncoming traffic, differentiates between dashed, solid, and double solid lane lines, and the animations are much smoother now.

Yeah, when it first started it looks like S/X specific now it’s an update for all. Both my X and 3 got it yesterday; the 3 a few hours after the X, and after it already had 10. X never had 10.
Bonnie Norman, I don't know if she's on here appears to have skipped 10 on her S or X. Sounds like 11 is pretty buggy so I am guessing they fixed the most egregious of the bug(s) in 10. I do should, when doing Auto Steer that there is a blue lane and a gray lane. Problem is, they converge and diverge whereas a double yellow is a fixed gap.

Bonnie Norman, I don't know if she's on here appears to have skipped 10 on her S or X. Sounds like 11 is pretty buggy so I am guessing they fixed the most egregious of the bug(s) in 10. I do should, when doing Auto Steer that there is a blue lane and a gray lane. Problem is, they converge and diverge whereas a double yellow is a fixed gap.
sorry but no that is not the reason .11 followed .10. It might seem that way, but isn't.

sorry but no that is not the reason .11 followed .10. It might seem that way, but isn't.
Really? Enlighten us. It has zero to do with model. It came directly on the heels of 10. There are still reported bugs in 11 so, yes, it stands to reason there was something in 10 that was deemed a critical to fix. I am not betting my first born on this but, given it's what I did for a living, it stands to reason ... short of an official explanation.

I have 11 installed on my May 2018 Model X and it has now lost the ability to connect to wifi. It can't connect to any wifi, mine or others, secured or open, and it's the MX not the networks as any other device I have tested with has no issues when connecting to the various wifi access points I have attempted to use with the MX. First time I have had this issue, the MX has its own access point in the garage that it's been connected to for 18months without any prior issues.

Is anyone else experiencing wifi connectivity issues post v10 software?

I have 11 installed on my May 2018 Model X and it has now lost the ability to connect to wifi. It can't connect to any wifi, mine or others, secured or open, and it's the MX not the networks as any other device I have tested with has no issues when connecting to the various wifi access points I have attempted to use with the MX. First time I have had this issue, the MX has its own access point in the garage that it's been connected to for 18months without any prior issues.

Is anyone else experiencing wifi connectivity issues post v10 software?
I haven't taken the car out since 11 was installed. I just checked and I have wifi full bars and signed into NetFlix. I'd be tempted to say try rebooting your car but I always hated that as the recourse for a DOA Windows system. Reboot never fixes anything. It may circumvent a problem but it doesn't fix the problem. It's a subtle but important distinction.

Installed this morning, and I have Enhanced Summon w/MCU1 & AP2.0. Could not video and summon at same time, but I was surprised its available to my car.

Xmas show and regular fob summons working.

old |v2019.32.2.2|AP2,MCU1,PUP|
new |v2019.32.11|AP2,MCU1,PUP|

I had made a comment, which I cannot find to correct, about Joe Mode seemingly not working as I would have expected. I believe the problem is once set, it doesn't persist that state over time. Out on errands today it appears, so far, to have stayed set. I didn't even find the setting when I, briefly, had 10. When 11 first installed I did find it and set it. The next day it was reset off. I reset it on. Can anyone else relate their experience? I don't have little kids. I did begrudgingly get used to the 'noise' of the chimes in the normal course of driving but, much like jerking and phantom braking, it's jarring. If I drop out of NoA or AS, I don't need a loud noise to confirm. If I am about to hit something a loud noise is totally warranted.

I have a Sept 2018 X75. V10 came down last night, but I don't have a 'come to me' button, only the 'go to target' one. Does anyone else have this issue and is there a fix?
I tried once and this is where it started for me, too. I used go to target once before I used come to me, but I'm not sure that was necessary. After doing that, when I tried to set a target again, I subsequently noticed that if I hit the target button on the top right corner of the app a second time, it removed the target and then the button changed to come to me. I suspect hitting this button would work initially, too.

I haven't taken the car out since 11 was installed. I just checked and I have wifi full bars and signed into NetFlix. I'd be tempted to say try rebooting your car but I always hated that as the recourse for a DOA Windows system. Reboot never fixes anything. It may circumvent a problem but it doesn't fix the problem. It's a subtle but important distinction.

I did the two-thumb salute several times and I got the same result

I checked out some old wifi issue threads and found a suggestion of installing a cheapo access point for Tesla only connectivity with the shortest path (e.g. router only) to the internet. A network engineer discovered that there is a latency challenge with DNS resolution and then Tesla core-site access. The wifi connect sequence only succeeds when you get a response from Tesla core-site within a short window of time.

I connected an old Linksys access point direct into my router and set it next to the MX and it worked (the linksys AP is 10 feet closer than the main access point that now fails). When I get some spare time, I’ll fire up Wire Shark to see what’s really going on and maybe that will help me get back to my regular wifi solution.

If the reason it’s now working is a latency issue, then Tesla needs to open a larger wait time to allow wifi connectivity to work. The difference between working and not-working can only be a matter of milliseconds (~20ms I would guess)

BTW: Last night (2Oct) I got a second update to the origin v10 upgrade (now 11.1) and the problem is still there

I did the two-thumb salute several times and I got the same result

I checked out some old wifi issue threads and found a suggestion of installing a cheapo access point for Tesla only connectivity with the shortest path (e.g. router only) to the internet. A network engineer discovered that there is a latency challenge with DNS resolution and then Tesla core-site access. The wifi connect sequence only succeeds when you get a response from Tesla core-site within a short window of time.

I connected an old Linksys access point direct into my router and set it next to the MX and it worked (the linksys AP is 10 feet closer than the main access point that now fails). When I get some spare time, I’ll fire up Wire Shark to see what’s really going on and maybe that will help me get back to my regular wifi solution.

If the reason it’s now working is a latency issue, then Tesla needs to open a larger wait time to allow wifi connectivity to work. The difference between working and not-working can only be a matter of milliseconds (~20ms I would guess)

BTW: Last night (2Oct) I got a second update to the origin v10 upgrade (now 11.1) and the problem is still there
I ended up doing that as well, an inexpensive repeater that only the car connects to. The firewall (fire door and likely protected wall between garage and house sufficiently dampened the signal from any interior access points. The inexpensive repeater allows for a full bars signal at the car, which Tesla told me it really needed to work. Since I installed that back last Nov I have no trouble with OTA updates. I thought your post reflected new behavior since V10.