Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New soft closing door kit for Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the info FPLPowered. are you installing the back too?

I will be but won't have time until this weekend or next to finish it up. For now I ran the wires under the front kick panels to the back passenger area. I don't have kids and almost no one ever sits in the back so I don't mind the wires being exposed for a bit.

@FPLPowered, that's amazing how quickly they shipped from Hong Kong. I haven't received any tracking info yet, but was planning on at least a month.

I was blown away with how quickly I received them and they came with everything they stated in the video so additional tape, zip ties, etc. Was so impressed with the speed I had reached out to Tesla Offer on the Model S hands free trunk opening that they have for the Model X to install it with the rear soft close doors but found out I have to take the rear bumper off and not sure if that is worth it.

Now that I have had them in there for a day and have been driving around I found a few more things to take into consideration. I had tested the windows to make sure they didn't rub or hit the new wiring in the doors but I guess when I put the door card back on it was enough of a bump to move the wiring around and I am hearing rubbing on my drivers door window when I put it all the way down. Won't be hard to fix but do another check after getting the door cards on.
On my passenger's side when going over rough roads today I am now hearing noises from where the wires are tucked in the door so I will have to take the door off again and put more tape between the inner door and the wiring to stop whatever is rubbing or hitting the inner door.

I will be but won't have time until this weekend or next to finish it up. For now I ran the wires under the front kick panels to the back passenger area. I don't have kids and almost no one ever sits in the back so I don't mind the wires being exposed for a bit.

I was blown away with how quickly I received them and they came with everything they stated in the video so additional tape, zip ties, etc. Was so impressed with the speed I had reached out to Tesla Offer on the Model S hands free trunk opening that they have for the Model X to install it with the rear soft close doors but found out I have to take the rear bumper off and not sure if that is worth it.

Now that I have had them in there for a day and have been driving around I found a few more things to take into consideration. I had tested the windows to make sure they didn't rub or hit the new wiring in the doors but I guess when I put the door card back on it was enough of a bump to move the wiring around and I am hearing rubbing on my drivers door window when I put it all the way down. Won't be hard to fix but do another check after getting the door cards on.
On my passenger's side when going over rough roads today I am now hearing noises from where the wires are tucked in the door so I will have to take the door off again and put more tape between the inner door and the wiring to stop whatever is rubbing or hitting the inner door.
Thanks for all your info on this. When you pull the panel off again, do you mind snapping a photo of your door with the dynamat + this installed?

I found another seller that has loads of pictures and the product is guarenteed for the Tesla MS. A little more expensive but not bad.

I've asked them for more images and they showed me a bracket which carries the actuator which to me looks more secure than double sided tape that the guys in the video use. Its definitely the same product though but the guys in the video chose not to use the bracket.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-08-27 at 10.23.29.png
    Screenshot 2019-08-27 at 10.23.29.png
    707.2 KB · Views: 210
  • Screenshot 2019-08-27 at 10.28.48.png
    Screenshot 2019-08-27 at 10.28.48.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 167
I found another seller that has loads of pictures and the product is guarenteed for the Tesla MS. A little more expensive but not bad.

I've asked them for more images and they showed me a bracket which carries the actuator which to me looks more secure than double sided tape that the guys in the video use. Its definitely the same product though but the guys in the video chose not to use the bracket.
Awesome. Do you have a link to that? Did you end up purchasing that one?

I am on the edge. Still having doubts that the double sided tape will lose its hold in extreme cold, and then the actuator will start to rattle.
My spoiler has been held on by double sided tape through years of Chicago winters and it's as tight as day 1. I wouldn't worry too much, if it fails swap to the 3m tape tesla used.

What did you say to get the discount, and how much of a discount was provided?
I just asked for a lower price and I will spread the word and they person said yes. So the total with delivery was £518 including delivery. He lowered the price to £480 and I went with it.

However, I had to order the item and give him the order number and then he lowered the price. - I refreshed the page and the price adjustment update and then I submitted my payment. strange but it worked.

Just say a guy from the United Kingdom sent you and that you were told you could get a 50 dollar discount (roughly same as £40 I guess)
hope that helps.

My spoiler has been held on by double sided tape through years of Chicago winters and it's as tight as day 1. I wouldn't worry too much, if it fails swap to the 3m tape tesla used.
I think my mind would be more at ease with the bracket resting on the frame. The actuator is pretty heavy and the constant downward pressure, I bet the tape would give eventually. Your spoiler is very light, greater surface area and I bet a whole strip of tape is being used.

edit - you may be right though pal, its purely my mind that wouldn't rest unless its bolted on, that's all.