Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New soft closing door kit for Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't get the point of this product. It looks like a solution looking for a problem. There is nothing wrong with the way the doors shut on my car. It doesn't require any more force than any other car I've owned over the years. It doesn't sound flimsy or anything, and I've never had a passenger have an issue closing the door either and I drove for uber for over a year with no costumer issues closing the door.
Also the model S is not a "premium car" in the sense it should not be compared to a Bentley or other insanely expensive car. And watching the vids of people closing the door then it sucking itself in seems stupid and tacky like its unfinished and poorly designed making the car lower in value.

I don't get the point of this product. It looks like a solution looking for a problem. There is nothing wrong with the way the doors shut on my car. It doesn't require any more force than any other car I've owned over the years. It doesn't sound flimsy or anything, and I've never had a passenger have an issue closing the door either and I drove for uber for over a year with no costumer issues closing the door.
Also the model S is not a "premium car" in the sense it should not be compared to a Bentley or other insanely expensive car. And watching the vids of people closing the door then it sucking itself in seems stupid and tacky like its unfinished and poorly designed making the car lower in value.
When you switch from a car that has soft-close, you will find out that you won't be comfortable closing any car door without it.

And saying Bentley is a "premium car" it's a kinda insult. Bentley and Rolls-Royce are "luxury cars." I'd say BMW and Mercedes are at the level of "premium cars", which most of them have soft-close.

No offense, just personal preference

Reactions: P2AT
Breathing some life into this thread….

I’ve searched and I don’t know enough about the hardware or vehicle differences. Maybe someone can help me out and tell me if there is a soft-close option for 2021 Model S?

I would REALLY like this. I hate how the doors close on the model S. Plus the annoying half-closes all the time when trying to not slam it too hard.
The company that was making these (EV Offer) is based in Hong Kong, so we likely won’t be seeing an updated kit for the refreshed S until they get the car over there, as the new door panel and wiring is different than the previous model years and the old kit would not work. Unless a company in the US decides to start working on a kit first…

Having had the soft close doors on the X, it is a nice feature to have, but not absolutely necessary.

Reach out to @TonyT

I’m looking to add the soft close doors to my MY.
For those who have the soft close doors, how has the experience been since installation? Any reliability issues, rattles, etc? Did you use a special adhesive to ensure everything stays in place?

Do you recommend adding dynamite as well?

@TonyT are you still installing these in the OC? If so, let’s DM