Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

new software bug?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

rickgt

Enthusiast owner/member
Dec 13, 2014
Carmel
I have installed 2.13.77 and it solved the charging issue. BUT, it introduced a new bug... whenever I start the car, the audio (which used to start up from whatever it was on before parking) is silent. the screen shows beginning choices like source. If I use the right click wheel and reselect the old source (such as XM radio) it goes to now playing and picks up from where I was - channel and all. If I select the favorites, it will start playing, but the "now playing" screen will not engage until I use the scroll wheel again.

Anybody else finding this as a problem?

I have installed 2.13.77 and it solved the charging issue. BUT, it introduced a new bug... whenever I start the car, the audio (which used to start up from whatever it was on before parking) is silent. the screen shows beginning choices like source. If I use the right click wheel and reselect the old source (such as XM radio) it goes to now playing and picks up from where I was - channel and all. If I select the favorites, it will start playing, but the "now playing" screen will not engage until I use the scroll wheel again.

Yes, I have been seeing this issue for the past two releases (7.0 & 7.1) the Now playing is always greyed out and not selectable until I either choose another station from the browse tab or use the right click wheel to select the source, and only then does the Now Playing become accessible again. I don't know if this issue has been bubbled up to Tesla dev team to look into, but it should be a simple fix.

I've had various audio issues for a while so they sort of blend together for me. Back in the 6.x and I think 7.0 days my MP3 audio books would play all night long. These days they randomly unpause or just completely stop and lose the audio source.

My vehicle's newest trick to that 80% of the time now when i get into the vehicle after it's ben parked, the XM station has changed to one that I don't even have selected as a preset or favorite. No idea why this has occurred and it's new since 1-2 updates ago. Perhaps my S doesn't appreciate my choice of stations???:frown:

My audio issue is that the XM station reverts back to the last one I changed it to on the touchscreen and not the station I was last on (which was selected via steering wheel). It's been like that for a couple months now. I am picking up my car this afternoon from service center and I got the notification for software update about an hour ago so hopefully this one fixes it.

Absolutely. Whenever I start the car, the radio is silent and I have to click on Now Playing.

Yes, I have been seeing this issue for the past two releases (7.0 & 7.1) the Now playing is always greyed out and not selectable until I either choose another station from the browse tab or use the right click wheel to select the source, and only then does the Now Playing become accessible again. I don't know if this issue has been bubbled up to Tesla dev team to look into, but it should be a simple fix.

I am in the exact same boat. I got an email back from ServiceSupportNA that it is a know bug.