Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Software Update (Dec 18, 2018)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup! That's what I got as well. 2018.48.12.1 d6999f5

Lots of updates. Fart app, romance mode, and Pole Position!! Also some climate control updates.

Attachments

• IMG_20181218_134837.jpg
    IMG_20181218_134837.jpg
    597.5 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_20181218_134850.jpg
    IMG_20181218_134850.jpg
    505.3 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_20181218_134901.jpg
    IMG_20181218_134901.jpg
    569.5 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_20181218_134917.jpg
    IMG_20181218_134917.jpg
    552.8 KB · Views: 130
I like the climate control settings in this update to keep the car warm in the garage overnight - shall try that tonight as it should be particularly helpful for keeping the battery warm too as the charger is plugged in. But those statements regarding minor bug improvements and fixes? I wish Elon would improve the web browser problems on the Model 3 already, instead of farting around with useless pranks on the screen...

I like the climate control settings in this update to keep the car warm in the garage overnight - shall try that tonight as it should be particularly helpful for keeping the battery warm too as the charger is plugged in. But those statements regarding minor bug improvements and fixes? I wish Elon would improve the web browser problems on the Model 3 already, instead of farting around with useless pranks on the screen...

I don't believe the BMS will heat up the battery because the car is plugged into the wall. From my experience it has to be charging for it activate battery heating. However it hasn't got that cold in Vancouver to enable the snowflake symbol yet so it could react differently in colder temps.

Reactions: mswlogo
I don't believe the BMS will heat up the battery because the car is plugged into the wall. From my experience it has to be charging for it activate battery heating. However it hasn't got that cold in Vancouver to enable the snowflake symbol yet so it could react differently in colder temps.

You could be right - the battery is not normally charged while heating the interior, even when plugged in. However, if the battery is drained enough because of the interior climate heating load at say -10C, enough to trigger recharge (which is usually at 3% below the set % value), then perhaps it should be reasonable to attribute the next charge event to keeping the car warm, especially when the car is plugged and parked over a longer time?

So nice to see that we are slowing getting features that the S and X already had. The only thing left on my wish list is a battery temperature reading and power consumption number somewhere.
I'm not so sure about that. I was sitting in my car yesterday with it plugged in and not charging and it was drawing 10 amps. Nothing else was on (no cabin heat etc) and I could hear the pumps running. So not sure if it was heating the battery or not.