Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New software update installed this week and new tires installed, can't remove tire pressure indicator from my dash panel screen? Any ideas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ON Tuesday I had taken my 2017 S in for the a slight shudder I had in my left front wheel. When I arrived they also tell me that the software upgrade is available and do I want it installed. Of course I say yes and leave the car. I get a call that all I need are new tires and a front end aligment, which I agree to have done. I picked up my car the next day and did not have time to go through any of the new software changes , so left the service center. On my dash screen, on the left side, I had the car image with the 4 tire pressure indicators on, which I figured was left on by the tech. I thought it would go away once I started to drive, well it never did. So after trying to remove it when I sat in my garage, I called Tesla and spoke with an advisor who asked me to hold down both thumbturn wheels on my steering wheel, whicle she typed away on her computer. Nothing happened. She had me go into my main screen, open the car tab, go to a couple of different tabs but to no avail. She said to call service and take it in. I did call the next day, and my advisor Carlos said to stop by and he would show me what to do. So I get there and Carlos is at lunch so his associate sits in the car and tells me he is not sure but will give it a try. Well he couldn't figure it out and tells me that the "new " screen look is the same as the new Plaid screen, and customers are getting use to it. Well it is somewhat distracting to have this tire infation image up on the screen all of the time. The good thing is that when I navigated to a property yesterday e, the Nav map did come up on the left side of my dash screen and the car-tire pressure image went away . But once I got to my destination, the car-tire pressure image came back onto the screen.

Anyone know the steps to remove the car-tire pressure image from the dash screen? My siftware version is: 2020.48.37.8

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Reactions: McQ14
Have you tried holding down the left scroll wheel until various display options appear, allowing you to select music, phone or whatever? Assuming you have, the new release does have several display bugs that will be fixed at some point.

Also, it sounds like holding down both scroll wheels for longer period does not reboot screens?

ON Tuesday I had taken my 2017 S in for the a slight shudder I had in my left front wheel. When I arrived they also tell me that the software upgrade is available and do I want it installed. Of course I say yes and leave the car. I get a call that all I need are new tires and a front end aligment, which I agree to have done. I picked up my car the next day and did not have time to go through any of the new software changes , so left the service center. On my dash screen, on the left side, I had the car image with the 4 tire pressure indicators on, which I figured was left on by the tech. I thought it would go away once I started to drive, well it never did. So after trying to remove it when I sat in my garage, I called Tesla and spoke with an advisor who asked me to hold down both thumbturn wheels on my steering wheel, whicle she typed away on her computer. Nothing happened. She had me go into my main screen, open the car tab, go to a couple of different tabs but to no avail. She said to call service and take it in. I did call the next day, and my advisor Carlos said to stop by and he would show me what to do. So I get there and Carlos is at lunch so his associate sits in the car and tells me he is not sure but will give it a try. Well he couldn't figure it out and tells me that the "new " screen look is the same as the new Plaid screen, and customers are getting use to it. Well it is somewhat distracting to have this tire infation image up on the screen all of the time. The good thing is that when I navigated to a property yesterday e, the Nav map did come up on the left side of my dash screen and the car-tire pressure image went away . But once I got to my destination, the car-tire pressure image came back onto the screen.

Anyone know the steps to remove the car-tire pressure image from the dash screen? My siftware version is: 2020.48.37.8

Any suggestions are appreciated.
Haven't had this happen but I'm pretty sure Carlos's co-worker is full of beans. It's not supposed to look like that. Keep pressing the issue with them, otherwise they'll just ignore it.

In all Teslas (well, maybe not the Roadster) to reset the computer ...
Get in, foot on break. Keep the break peddle depressed.
Press and hold the button on each side of the steering wheel. "The button" varies from car to car. On the 3 and Y its the roll wheel. On the S and I believe X its the its usually the roll wheel, but sometimes its the 2 butttons on top or the 2 buttons on bottom. So try all the variations, depending on what you have. Regardless, the right side and the left side should be the same.

In the older models there were different reboots, depending upon which set of buttons you were pressing and how long. Nowadays I think there is only 2 types of reboot. I think a standard reboot happens when you press and hold the buttons for about 10 seconds. I think there's still a deep reboot, which resets ALL the computers in the car, if you hold for ~ 30 seconds.

but for 99% of reboots, press and hold break while pressing and holding the most prominent buttons on both sides of your steering wheel.

Reactions: dgpnaples
From your question I infer you are somewhat new to your car. Apologies if I am incorrect. Below is a lesson a new user will likely need to know.

On all Model S and X, the instrument panel is actually running 3 different apps at the same time. The main app you cannot modify, its on the center. The apps on either side can be modified by you. There's about 4 differnt apps from which you can choose. Press and hold the top botton on either side, not both at once; app on same side of the instrument panel will change to a selector from which you can choose another app. Play with it, you will figure it out.

From your question I infer you are somewhat new to your car. Apologies if I am incorrect. Below is a lesson a new user will likely need to know.

On all Model S and X, the instrument panel is actually running 3 different apps at the same time. The main app you cannot modify, its on the center. The apps on either side can be modified by you. There's about 4 differnt apps from which you can choose. Press and hold the top botton on either side, not both at once; app on same side of the instrument panel will change to a selector from which you can choose another app. Play with it, you will figure it out.
I tried that approach before I called Tesla, as it worked that way before the software upgrade on Tuesday. I will play with it this weekend. Thank you.

Haven't had this happen but I'm pretty sure Carlos's co-worker is full of beans. It's not supposed to look like that. Keep pressing the issue with them, otherwise they'll just ignore it.
I figured it out,