Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New software update just now.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Version 17.9.3. Auosteer on freeways goes up to 55 and something about fan speed.

Attachments

• 20170310_190224.jpg
    20170310_190224.jpg
    435.9 KB · Views: 102
I have it updating right now and will add details as soon as it's done.

Looks like you're pretty new to the forums so I'll just suggest that before posting in future you might want to do a search to see if what you are posting about is new or not.

As was rather curtly pointed out a little bit ago (apologies for that but some people here are pretty up tight) there is an existing and VERY extensive thread about 8.0. Catch up here:
Firmware 8.0

Cheers!

Looks like you're pretty new to the forums so I'll just suggest that before posting in future you might want to do a search to see if what you are posting about is new or not.

As was rather curtly pointed out a little bit ago (apologies for that but some people here are pretty up tight) there is an existing and VERY extensive thread about 8.0. Catch up here:
Firmware 8.0

Cheers!

In his defense, it doesn't seem intuitive to me that a thread titled 'Firmware 8.0' would be related to software release 17.9.3.

Reactions: arnolddeleon
HowTo report new update notifications:
  1. Be happy that something new is about to land
  2. Do the update
  3. Check version number
  4. Google version number and add the word tesla
  5. Check if anything comes up, if yes, report there if not start a new tread with topic: version number
  6. Add info to ev-fw.com
  7. New infos added, everyone is happy
HowTo NOT report new update notifications:
  1. Furiously run to the car, do the update. WHAT? 90 minutes to go? What do I do???
  2. Run to your PC, Mac, Phone whatever and start a new thread with topic "New software update just now"
  3. Write that "you got IT!!!" but don't know what it is just now
  4. Everyone is mad about you, because you don't give any more news, but just had to read another useless post
  5. Wait for responses
  6. Update completes and you report the new version and infos on MCU screen
  7. Nothing new for everyone, everyone is mad

In his defense, it doesn't seem intuitive to me that a thread titled 'Firmware 8.0' would be related to software release 17.9.3.
This thread didn't exactly have the best choice for a new thread title either:
New software update just now.
It doesn't mention version, date, changes, etc.

It would be nice if people installed the software, noted the version and got the pertinent info concerning the release before creating a new thread.

Reactions: alapd
I've always had fan speeds of 1-3 so not quite sure what that was all about.
Yes, but now the fan speed goes to 11 (it only went to 8 before). Numerically, they added new fan speed settings 9, 10, and 11, but for some reason decided to call this "adding new fan speeds 1-3".

To be clear, the new maximum fan speed of 11 doesn't blow any harder than the (old) maximum speed of 8 used to. What they've really done is just given finer control over fan speed over the entire (new) range of 1-11 (versus the old range of 1-8).

They could have just said, "finer control over fan speed" and mentioned the new range 1-11, but maybe they thought this would imply some kind of new "super blowing" fan speeds were added (on top of the old speeds).

But, that is not the case, it's just the same overall range of fan speeds as before, only now with more "stops" along the way. I suppose it aligns the fan speed setting with other settings (like volume) that also "go to 11".

Yes, but now the fan speed goes to 11 (it only went to 8 before). Numerically, they added new fan speed settings 9, 10, and 11, but for some reason decided to call this "adding new fan speeds 1-3".

To be clear, the new maximum fan speed of 11 doesn't blow any harder than the (old) maximum speed of 8 used to. What they've really done is just given finer control over fan speed over the entire (new) range of 1-11 (versus the old range of 1-8).

They could have just said, "finer control over fan speed" and mentioned the new range 1-11, but maybe they thought this would imply some kind of new "super blowing" fan speeds were added (on top of the old speeds).

But, that is not the case, it's just the same overall range of fan speeds as before, only now with more "stops" along the way. I suppose it aligns the fan speed setting with other settings (like volume) that also "go to 11".
'These go to 11."

• Funny
Reactions: anonim1979

Thanks for explaining, that helps. I am certain there is a Spinal Tap reference with the level going to 11 !!! But worst release notes ever!

Cheers