Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Software Update Notice on the APP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got the new software update notice. Strange it has no number assigned i.e 6.2.1 or 6.3 and there is no mention of what it is adding. Just 2 hour 15 min to install. Since it is still 4AM on the West coast perhaps the fact sheets will appear during Tesla business hours. Most likely the big hp fix leaked this week.

The app never informs you what the update is. Be sure to check in the car before and after the update to see if you are one of the first to get a new version, or if this is the 6.1 -> 6.2 upgrade that many have gotten already.

Often times version updates are sent out without documentation of what bugs were fixed, just the same release notes. For 6.1, I received 4 different versions over a 2 week period. So far, 6.2 has been sent to me only once, I haven't checked this morning yet.

I have an 85D and installing now. My Tesla rep said there would be an update coming out that would lower the 0-60 to 4.4s from 5.2s. I believe the P85D also gets the update to bring it down to 3.1s.
I, too, am having an update (tonight). I had 6.2 last week. I have an 85D. I called, this is a performance update. Make the car faster and maybe some other things.
Mine hasn't be doing 0-60 in 4.4? Only 5.2? So it will be faster tomorrow morning????

Got the notice in the app (I already have 6.2, P85D). But when I sat down in the car, nothing appeared on the screen. Any tips for a newbie, or is patience advised?

I saw the only answer you received was "reboot screens" which probably didn't help you much, if at all.

You should have seen a notification on the 17 inch display, asking you if you wanted to update now, or schedule it for later. If that screen had somehow cleared itself and scheduled itself to pop up again later, (or if in the future you ever do schedule an update for later, but then want to schedule it sooner,) click on the clock icon that is on the big Tesla icon at the top of the screen. That clock symbol is only there when an update is available. Clicking on it should bring back the scheduler, which will allow you to start the update immediately.

If you didn't see any of that, including a clock icon on the Tesla icon, perhaps rebooting the 17 inch display would help, though I've never heard that. To reboot the 17-inch display, press on both scroll wheels for a few seconds, until you see things go dark, and see the system start to reboot, at which point you should release them.

Good luck.