Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New software update past 6.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tell your service center that you had an update not successful message. That can be a sign of the 12V going bad and they can check on that remotely. It happened to me with 6.0.

It would be sad if the 12V battery was already going bad as I've had the car for just a month...

Anyway, spoke to the local SC and they checked the logs. Apparently the update did fail although I was showing the latest version (2.2.113), so there were some mismatches causing the Park Assist to fail.

They pushed the software update notification again to my car and it's now updating again. Let's see if it works this time.

Just in case it helps, I'm sure you already know this... I think if you move the map, it no longer follows your geographic position... tapping the compass at the top re-centers it to you again. It has happened to me a few times before I figured it out.

It was like that all the way back on 5.9 for me, not sure if that was a change at that point that's just the first version I had.

Just in case it helps, I'm sure you already know this... I think if you move the map, it no longer follows your geographic position... tapping the compass at the top re-centers it to you again. It has happened to me a few times before I figured it out.
Thanks as I did not know this. I also lost the sound in navigation but found out I must have turned it down thinking it was the radio volume. The new Lane Departure single pulse seems to last as long as you are crossing the line. I prefer the new Comfort setting as the car seems lighter.

They pushed the software update notification again to my car and it's now updating again. Let's see if it works this time.

Well... update failed again :-( though it's still showing 2.2.113, just like last update attempt.

image.jpg

Guess I'll have to pay a visit to the SC tomorrow to have them check what could be going on.

Per the other threads that Commasign and myself started, I got word from the Burlingame SC that the update failed on my car (and others who've been having the same issue) because we "interrupted" the upgrade process, meaning opening the car's door or checking the mobile app. I'll need to go into the SC to get the update successfully installed now...

Per the other <a href="http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/41322-Parking-sensors-need-replacement-but-only-since-6-1-%282-2-113%29-failed-to-update">threads</a> Commasign and myself started, I got word from the Burlingame SC that the update failed on my car (and others who've been having the same issue) because we "interrupted" the upgrade process, meaning opening the car's door or checking the mobile app. I'll need to go into the SC to get the update successfully installed now...

I've opened the door before during an update and have been greeted by the "in progress" dialog. It didn't cause the update to fail tho...

This might need a new thread, but let's just say I want to talk about 6.1. Had a very strange thing happen to me today. I was heading over the top of the hill and going from Santa Yzabel to Berrago Springs. Then west along the Salton Sea. And I was headed for the Indio supercharger. I went from having about 60 miles and knowing I was going to make it to having no miles with regard to my nav system. And the car nav telling me I wasn't going to make it "charge now" But my car telling me my range still had plenty of miles. Finally after driving about 10 miles with "charge now" flashing in red, to made it to Indio with 42 miles left in range. Anybody have anything similar happen? here's a picture. Sorry, not a good one, was driving.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    626 KB · Views: 192
This might need a new thread, but let's just say I want to talk about 6.1. Had a very strange thing happen to me today. I was heading over the top of the hill and going from Santa Yzabel to Berrago Springs. Then west along the Salton Sea. And I was headed for the Indio supercharger. I went from having about 60 miles and knowing I was going to make it to having no miles with regard to my nav system. And the car nav telling me I wasn't going to make it "charge now" But my car telling me my range still had plenty of miles. Finally after driving about 10 miles with "charge now" flashing in red, to made it to Indio with 42 miles left in range. Anybody have anything similar happen? here's a picture. Sorry, not a good one, was driving.

I presume to some extent that you realize some of this given your low VIN but I'm going to say it anyway.

You have the Energy app in Instant Range mode which is highly deceptive. Based on that picture you could go 30 miles provided that you continued to use exactly the same amount of energy per mile that you were right then. If you're driving downhill then Instant Range is often going to show a large amount of miles that aren't realistic because as soon as you change pitch back to level or uphill then the car is going to start using a lot more energy. The opposite thing happens too, when you're going uphill the car is going to be using a lot more energy and your range estimate is going to be very low. In the specific case it appears you were going uphill or accelerating when that picture was taken.

The other way to use the app is Average Range mode. Which will estimate your range based the average energy used over the distance selected (5, 15 or 30 miles). This is still a little bit better but it still can be very wrong especially with the shorter range distances.

The navigation system on the other hand takes into consideration things like elevation, speed limits, etc... My experience has been that the navigation system routinely estimates more energy usage than I actually end up using. So I'm not too terribly surprised by your experience. Given that Tesla's goal seems to be to make sure that nobody gets stranded without realizing what they're doing it's probably a good thing that it behaves this way.