Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New software update (sept 2017)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do we happen to know how the full self driving video that they created was developed? Was it doctored or a version of AP2 that is being tested within Tesla? That certainly demonstrated full driving capabilities but clearly nothing the general public has access to.

Nah wish we did. Key for that video was that it was on a pretty controlled route, ended up at Tesla, didn't encounter construction which is norm/detours, and definitely not in a major city where you have to break the rules.

Nah wish we did. Key for that video was that it was on a pretty controlled route, ended up at Tesla, didn't encounter construction which is norm/detours, and definitely not in a major city where you have to break the rules.

I live in the area that they did the driving (that Tesla HQ is right behind my office campus). Its unpredictable actually. It can get pretty busy with people, cars and even a horse or two (palo alto hills). That said, even what it did accomplish seems to be light years ahead of what is available today.

Reactions: travwill
Okay I see what happen:

Three days before the update, i did the Christmas Easter egg.
After that I noticed my side view mirror won't fold when I lock, or press the fold button, even after the power cycle.
After the update the folding functionality came back.