Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New software update (sept 2017)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got a notification for a new software update. I parked my MX in my garage and connected to Wifi, and I hit update now.
I exit the car and locked the doors.
About 32 min later, I received a notification saying that update is comolete.
Went to my car to see what is the new update, and all I saw was a blank page.
No information just a blank page with a tittle saying "this release contains minor fixes and improvements". Okay what are the improvements?
Is it normal for the info page to be blank? Pls See attached.

Attachments

• IMG_1397.JPG
    IMG_1397.JPG
    196.1 KB · Views: 143
I just got a notification for a new software update. I parked my MX in my garage and connected to Wifi, and I hit update now.
No information just a blank page with a tittle saying "this release contains minor fixes and improvements". Okay what are the improvements?
Yes when doing an update that has only bug fixes it generally does not show specifics.

I'm guessing this was your first update. Welcome to Tesla ownership!

A few things:

1. Once your car shows the update dialog the new firmware has already been downloaded. No need to wait for your car to be on wifi before hitting update now. However, you will receive updates sooner if your car is connected to wifi. Tesla waits about 2-3 weeks before pushing software over cellular, unless the update is high priority (safety related).

2. Updates happen all the time. Many contain just bug fixes and have very little in the release notes.

A

I got this one too. Just downloaded it. Generally it always arrive in the night this time it arrived at 7 PM. Can't wait to drive it tomorrow to see improvements.

I'm guessing this was your first update. Welcome to Tesla ownership!

A few things:

1. Once your car shows the update dialog the new firmware has already been downloaded. No need to wait for your car to be on wifi before hitting update now. However, you will receive updates sooner if your car is connected to wifi. Tesla waits about 2-3 weeks before pushing software over cellular, unless the update is high priority (safety related).

2. Updates happen all the time. Many contain just bug fixes and have very little in the release notes.

A
I had my tesla for 5 months now and this is my 5th update. All updates had detailed explanation. Sometimes when there is no major update I still get notes from previous update. I usually let it update on wifi so I know there's no interruptions in connectivity. Since LTE network hasn't been reliable recently (at least in Canada).

Car seems to drive better than the previous update but still wanders quite a bit. One thing I noticed is the "hold wheel" seems to be more dynamic instead of the fixed message every 1.8 miles as before. I actually achieved 3.6 miles tonight between "holds".

And I have automatic wipers! (But then I woke up).

Car seems to drive better than the previous update but still wanders quite a bit. One thing I noticed is the "hold wheel" seems to be more dynamic instead of the fixed message every 1.8 miles as before. I actually achieved 3.6 miles tonight between "holds".

And I have automatic wipers! (But then I woke up).

As an AP1 owner and what I'd expect you guys run into is the please hold/place hands on wheel is somewhat determined by speed and what it is locked on. From my experiences in slow traffic I never get the warning for the entire commute. At faster speeds it depends on speed somewhat, but also if you are back far enough to have it locked on to lanes (blue lanes appear) and the car in front (lighter grey). If you are closer to the car in front or lanes are poor and its just locked on to the car in front of you (blue car shows up) then you'll get it a lot more often.

Reactions: scottf200
MOST of the updates you get in time will be like this, insignificant. I'd say it has slowed down but you'll get 1-2 "exciting" ones per year hehehe...

This is likely the truth, but it's directly against the marketing that AP2 would be here in December, and updates to EAP and FSD would be coming fast and furious through the year. So much for "every 2-6 weeks" that the tweeter in chief claimed.

This is likely the truth, but it's directly against the marketing that AP2 would be here in December, and updates to EAP and FSD would be coming fast and furious through the year. So much for "every 2-6 weeks" that the tweeter in chief claimed.

Ah, well maybe more for you AP2 guys - but that is if you consider auto wipers revolutionary and exciting, etc. hehehe ;-)

I think AP2 and future hardware suites have great potential, but it'll take another bit of time like a year to see some good releases. Not much self driving can be done half-ass besides lane keep, and maybe next would be still light/sign recognition - but paying attention then will be needed for sure at 4 way stops, etc.

A lot of what EAP that is described is kinda what AP was supposed to be at times - pulling down your drive way to be ready for you on private property, parking, etc. This is all the reason while I want to upgrade to a 100kWh, AP2 and AP2.5 hardware I feel need another iteration or so. I'll wait until the X redesigns hopefully more in and out, and we are on like AP4-5 hardware ;-)

Ah, well maybe more for you AP2 guys - but that is if you consider auto wipers revolutionary and exciting, etc. hehehe ;-)

I think AP2 and future hardware suites have great potential, but it'll take another bit of time like a year to see some good releases. Not much self driving can be done half-ass besides lane keep, and maybe next would be still light/sign recognition - but paying attention then will be needed for sure at 4 way stops, etc.

A lot of what EAP that is described is kinda what AP was supposed to be at times - pulling down your drive way to be ready for you on private property, parking, etc. This is all the reason while I want to upgrade to a 100kWh, AP2 and AP2.5 hardware I feel need another iteration or so. I'll wait until the X redesigns hopefully more in and out, and we are on like AP4-5 hardware ;-)

Do we happen to know how the full self driving video that they created was developed? Was it doctored or a version of AP2 that is being tested within Tesla? That certainly demonstrated full driving capabilities but clearly nothing the general public has access to.