Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Software Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Getting into my 2015 P90D this morning I was notified that a new software update was available and was asked when I wanted to schedule its 1 hour and 40 minute download.

Anyone know what's in it, or a link to the release notes?

Thanks.

I don't have a copy of the release notes handy but the biggest improvement is to summon which now has a customizable feature to let you set the distance from obstacles as well as how far away the range is for the fob or app to be detected. The best improvement imo is the ability to not have to hold the fob or app button down in order to initiate. It does give you a warning when you enable this. Also, after you download you have to re-enable summon.

It's V7.1 (2.12.126)

Getting into my 2015 P90D this morning I was notified that a new software update was available and was asked when I wanted to schedule its 1 hour and 40 minute download.

Thanks.

I received Thurs afternoon and uploaded it early this am. As the other poster said, it is mostly the changes to Summon. I compared the release notes to the firmware tracker on the Wiki and noticed that this release said there was an improvement to regenerative braking in low temperatures. That wasn't listed in the other updates.

Cheers

Thanks.

Screen shots from my update 2.12.126.
Basically you can customize summon now.

274b85e312c441224fc82bf408e58741.jpg

bfd52f2180c78a3b47f637dabbf22ffe.jpg

b624c2edffe49293dfcc5aaecd602c68.jpg

56a1c7d256223c3db188ba9e770ba088.jpg

Last edited: