Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Solar Deal from Southern California Edison (SCE)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I woke up this morning, made my pot of Joe and settled in to my emails. I got one from SCE. Let's see what they want. Holy Crap! SCE wants me to buy "locally grown solar". I need to sign up immediately! But wait, there's more! I have options! If I want 50% of my power to come from solar, it's ONLY $10 more a month over my regular rate and for $20 more over my regular rate they will send me 100% pure solar generated power! What a deal (I gagged on my coffee).

They're taking my extra solar generation and shipping it to my neighbor next door at a surcharge and giving me about 3 cents/kW for it. I wonder what dumbino at SCE conjured up this scheme? There's a ton of solar companies out there that will put a system on your roof (or ground) for free and charge you less than the what the utility charges ordinarily, so I guess there are bunch of suckers that will actually bite on this deal to protect the environment? Geez, give me a break.

I am so glad I bought the Model S to suck up all that extra power. Sorry SCE! No more free solar from me.

• Funny
Reactions: tracksyde