TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New Solar/Powerwall Install - PW at 0%

Discussion in 'Tesla Energy' started by D3xDt3Reaction, Sep 27, 2019.

1. D3xDt3Reaction

Tesla installed our solar and Powerwalls on Tuesday and we are now waiting for SRP interconnect. They tested the system briefly but left the Powerwalls basically at 0%. Anyone else with a new installation have their Powerwalls left completely discharged? I know there is a buffer but I worry that sitting near the bottom is not good for the batteries?

2. RoBoRaT

RoBoRaT Zero Farts Given!

I "op-tested" them, filled up to 100% from solar after install - with only 10%.

It took 4 months until I got PTO - so I was "testing" the system for a while.

But, I am not suggesting u should "test" the system like I did. YmMv! ;)

3. woferry

woferry Member

Yes, my Powerwall was installed at the end of January and the roof wasn't installed until early March, system was commissioned end of March and not PTO'ed until end of April. My PW reported 14% (app, 18% web) the first time I could talk to it (late March), but since it loses >1%/day it had sat at 0% for a few weeks before I could finally turn the system on.

4. Schroeder0202

Schroeder0202 2019 Stealth/White/Black/20 inch Tsportline

Turn it on and charge it up. They actually told me to do this after install but just be careful sending power back to the grid. Will throw a red flag. Keep setting on self powered.

5. D3xDt3Reaction

I’m not sure this will work yet unfortunately. When they tested the system they had some bus bars installed in lieu of the missing power meters, but they pulled those before they left. So I imagine it might be an open circuit even if I flip the breakers to turn on the system?

6. Schroeder0202

I doubt it. Usually the system should be fully operational before they leave. I'm sure the breakers in the box are just flipped off and main throw is off. They will not come back to do more work. Next is just the inspections so the guy that comes doesn't actually do anything besides paperwork.

7. Ampster

Ampster Active Member

Is this new construction? Do you have power to other parts of your house?

8. Lloyd

Lloyd Well-Known Member

Try switching to Backup mode and see if the batteries will charge.

edit..... won't work if you dont have grid power

9. D3xDt3Reaction

I think maybe the missing meters (yet to be installed by the utility) are in series with the breakers. I actually asked one of the installers if it was possible to disconnect from the grid and use the system prior to PTO but he said it wouldn’t work because the meters needed to be installed.

10. Schroeder0202

Then don't mess. My PTO was literally next day after inspection.

11. D3xDt3Reaction

Here’s hoping! Thanks for your help.