Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New solar system - strange usage/production/import/export spikes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We recently installed a 9.6kW solar system (no Powerwall) and I've seen some very strange usage metrics reported in the app. Curious if anyone else has seen this or has any insight. Not only does it make it difficult to view things with these spikes throwing the scale off, I'm concerned something is either wrong with the system or in the data reporting. Some of the problems:

Export spikes reported that are much greater than the 9.6kW system is capable of producing or occurring at night when no power is being produced:
Screenshot_20230110-150903.jpg
Screenshot_20230110-150924.jpg

Large usage and import spikes being reported when no sudden high powered appliance has been in use (don't think I even have anything that could draw that much energy):

Screenshot_20230110-150924.jpg
Screenshot_20230110-150846.jpg
Screenshot_20230110-151009.jpg

Usually this type of thing indicates the current transformers (current tranducers?) (CT's) are either placed incorrectly, or configured incorrectly. If your installer is tesla, try calling Tesla energy support, and describe the problem / issue. Offer to email the person you are talking to the screenshots that describe your concern / issue.