TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

New (soon-to-be) 85D owner!

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by jmsurpri, Feb 5, 2016.

1. jmsurpri

jmsurpri Member

Ordered 1/24
    Confirmed 1/31
    Estimated delivery late Feb-March

The wait is killing me :biggrin:

2. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

Congratulations! Give us more details, please! What color? Features? What convinced you to get it?

3. jmsurpri

jmsurpri Member

Blue, tan next-gen, pano, piano black, autopilot, air suspension, subzero, 19"

I've been following (and investing in) Tesla for a while now. A couple years ago I knew my next car was going to be an EV. Thinking it was insane to drop 100K on a Tesla, I ended up buying a Volt. The Volt's been a good car, but after awhile I started thinking more seriously about making the leap to a Tesla. Being a tech geek, features like autopilot, summon, etc are pretty awesome. A couple weeks ago, after walking past the Tesla store at the local mall for years, I finally went in. A couple days later, I was behind the wheel of a P90DL, which I borrowed for a few hours for an extended test drive. When I got back to the mall, I placed the order :smile:.

4. swengl

swengl Member

Despite how much you think you are going to love the car, go ahead and double it. Enjoy!

5. TEUNTSLA

TEUNTSLA Member

Welcome to the Tesla family, enjoy!

6. taldric

taldric Member

Hey jmsurpri - I'm in nearly an identical condition. I ordered my 85D on 1/22, confirmed and got VIN on 1/30, delivery says "late February - March". And I'm only a few miles north of you. And the wait is killing me!!

BTW - mine is blue, grey next-gen, matte obeche, pano roof, air suspension, auto pilot, standard 19" wheels. We will probably get ours at the same time. Maybe we should do a meet-up at the Centralia SuperCharger for a coffee after we get our cars?

7. jmsurpri

jmsurpri Member

Coffee? Cars? Free supercharging? I'm in! I'll have to somehow convince my wife to let me to make the 200 mile round trip :)

Looks like we configured pretty similar cars. I had the matte obeche interior initially without air suspension, but after test-driving with/without air suspension, I decided to get the air and offset the cost a little by going with the standard piano black interior.

8. hidbigo

hidbigo Member

Count me in too. I'm on a similar schedule.

Don't forget to stop by Voodoo Donuts in Portland on the way up. :smile:

9. taldric

taldric Member

The more the merrier! Once we have delivery dates we can figure out a date and time.

10. drewmitchell

drewmitchell New Member

I too am on a similar schedule. Got my vin on 2/2. Similar specs as well. S 85D, Midnight Silver, Black standard seats and black alcantara, AP, Subzero, UHDSS. I'm scheduled for Late March/Early April delivery to Pittsburgh (Cleveland SC), so consider yourselves lucky as it looks like you'll be getting your cars a month ahead of me. Please provide updates on your delivery schedule. Thanks.

11. DougH

DougH Active Member

Who's your DS?

12. Tree95

Tree95 Member

If the reports are true, it doesn't look like you'll be an 85D owner. You'll either be asked to pay more for a 90D or less for a 70D.

13. taldric

taldric Member

I doubt that will happen. I'm certain the simply accepted 85 orders until they were out of the stock of 85 batteries. There might be a few 85 orders right at the end that are offered a choice to bump up to a 90 , if it proves necessary

14. CJPonline

CJPonline Member

I placed my order for a 90D this morning. Requested an April delivery to coincide with my current LEAF lease ending.

Deep Blue metallic, Pano, Black alcantra, Grey Next Gen, Subzero weather package, carbon fiber trim, Prem interior

15. GKwey

GKwey Member

Had been anticipating to get a Toyota Land Cruiser as the ultimate vehicle of choice to do road trips in my retirement. When I am ready to purchase it, a couple of hours of research on Tesla Model S totally changed my mind on Land Cruiser. Ordered 85D on 1/10/2016, to be delivered late February/early March. Titanium color, grey next gen seats, auto pilot (number one reason), premium interior, smart air suspension (after driving BMW M3 for 5 years, this becomes a must-have). By the way, the number two reaon is the super chargers system; what can be better than traveling with no fuel cost? Number 3: it is designed like a station wagon, a couple can sleep in there comfortably, not that I intend to save lodging expense.

16. BradVT

BradVT New Member

Similar schedule here too! Order confirmed 1/11, production around 3rd week of Feb. Model S 90D white, autopilot, air suspension, cold weather, etc.

Can't wait!

17. Tellotes

Tellotes Member

Autopilot? :confused:

18. BradVT

BradVT New Member

Entered production today, 2/13. Delivery late Feb.

19. taldric

taldric Member

Congratulations!!

I'm still waiting for my "entered production" notification. I check my email and MyTesla _way_ too often. (Confirmed and VIN on 1/30)

20. chriSharek

chriSharek Member

Couldn't agree with you more. Love my 2011 Volt, but the Tesla is the only LOGICAL next step for us! Congratulations!