Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New (sort of) maps!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Before you ask, no, there is no way to tell which version you have without root access. There may be some subtle differences in the maps, such as new roads added that you could look for.

I'm on a road trip, and as I came into Oregon the car couldn't find ...a Tesla Supercharger! Really (Pendleton -- which I guess is new). So I really would like an update, since I don't know what else it doesn't know about. (I charged by looking up the address for the site in Google, and then manually doing a nav to that address.) I just checked, and it still doesn't know about the Pendleton supercharger.

I'm on a road trip, and as I came into Oregon the car couldn't find ...a Tesla Supercharger! Really (Pendleton -- which I guess is new). So I really would like an update, since I don't know what else it doesn't know about. (I charged by looking up the address for the site in Google, and then manually doing a nav to that address.) I just checked, and it still doesn't know about the Pendleton supercharger.

The list of superchargers is updated independently from the maps. There's no notification for an update to the Supercharger list.

Bruce.

Good to know -- but then I'm amazed the SC list in my car hasn't been updated since Pendleton opened ...more than a year before my car was built!

Oh. If it's been open more than a few days, something's not right. Call tech support maybe and ask them to make sure you have an up to date list of chargers (and maps)?

Safe travels!

Bruce.

Reactions: ThisIsTrue
Good to know -- but then I'm amazed the SC list in my car hasn't been updated since Pendleton opened ...more than a year before my car was built!
The SuperCharger database and the Map database are two different things. SuperChargers usually get downloaded to the car the night after an SpC goes live. Agree with @bmah that if Pendleton doesn't show up on your map something is wrong, but the fact that it's actually well to the east of town might be an issue in locating it.

Reactions: ThisIsTrue
Picked up a loaner yesterday and it is having the same problems with the maps around my house as my car - so either the loaner also hasn't received the map updates, or the latest maps haven't fixed the problems I reported over a year ago when receiving the previous map updates.

The use of Google maps on the console display (which are quickly updated) and the offline navigation maps (which are already out of date when the maps are updated in the cars) will always be confusing - and if the navigation routing will be used by the self driving software, this has to be fixed so that navigation uses up-to-date maps.