Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New SR+ Satelitte Maps / Live Traffic disappeared.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up a new SR+ that is having a strange "issue". During delivery, we went through the various features, including enabling satellite maps and live traffic (currently in the 30 day premium connectivity window). I personally like the regular maps, so I switched too it after delivery, and kept live traffic on. Later that evening on a drive, I noticed live traffic was no longer on, and I no longer had the 2 buttons for satellite maps / live traffic. I have everything else still from the premium connectivity, just not those two functions.

I contacted Tesla (chat and phone), and they were not of much help (though very nice), saying I should/need to wait 48 hours for the SR+ to get posted into my account (even though I already had it in my account) and those features should show back up. I was even told that their system didn't show that my vehicle should have those features, and would need the premium connectivity, even though the car, and my account clearly show I am within the 30 day window. So far it has been 72+ hours, features still not available.

Anybody else have this issue?

I picked up a new SR+ that is having a strange "issue". During delivery, we went through the various features, including enabling satellite maps and live traffic (currently in the 30 day premium connectivity window). I personally like the regular maps, so I switched too it after delivery, and kept live traffic on. Later that evening on a drive, I noticed live traffic was no longer on, and I no longer had the 2 buttons for satellite maps / live traffic. I have everything else still from the premium connectivity, just not those two functions.

I contacted Tesla (chat and phone), and they were not of much help (though very nice), saying I should/need to wait 48 hours for the SR+ to get posted into my account (even though I already had it in my account) and those features should show back up. I was even told that their system didn't show that my vehicle should have those features, and would need the premium connectivity, even though the car, and my account clearly show I am within the 30 day window. So far it has been 72+ hours, features still not available.

Yes, mine was working last night and not working this morning.

Does SR+ actually come with satellite and live traffic?

Partial Premium Interior Includes:

• 12-way power adjustable heated front seats
  • Premium seat material and trim
  • Upgraded audio – immersive sound
  • Center console with storage, 4 USB ports and docking for 2 smartphones

Premium Connectivity (1 year included):

• Satellite maps with live traffic visualization

My icons (satellite and traffic) disappeared too a couple days ago, and nav is only showing regular maps. Non-P AWD here with premium connectivity good through the end of the year, and confirmed subscription after that. Anyone else seeing similar?

Even if you have satellite maps, it will change to regular maps at night. Did you try switching the display back to Day mode?

The display is set to Auto, so I assume during the day it automatically set to day mode. I can try manually selecting day mode and see if that makes a difference.

I truly suspect this is just some setting on Tesla's side that has it disabled even though I have premium connectivity. I have only read one other person (in the SR+ waiting room thread) that is having the exact same issue with their SR+.

Just got off with chat. They said PC was turned off on my car incorrectly since I have it through 12/31 and then subscription takes over. They are requesting IT reinstate and said it will take 2-3 days. Kind of annoying. Fingers crossed it actually gets turned back on.

Reactions: Sherlo
Just got off with chat. They said PC was turned off on my car incorrectly since I have it through 12/31 and then subscription takes over. They are requesting IT reinstate and said it will take 2-3 days. Kind of annoying. Fingers crossed it actually gets turned back on.
..and are you going to get the 2-3 days they take to fix it added to your trial? or 4-5 since it was not working before then?

• Funny
Reactions: St☰v☰

I just went down the Chat route, and like you they basically said they had to send the issue to another team, and I should hear something back in 3 - 5 days. Hmm, for being a technology company, one would think something as simple as re-enabling a software feature would be faster. :)