Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New St Louis airport chargers in lot A

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

FlasherZ

Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv
Jun 21, 2012
Took my son to the airport and parked in lot A at the St. Louis airport. Good setup but the spaces are a but short for the model S. They're made for Leafs.

uploadfromtaptalk1356540187882.jpg

I dropped the manager there a note afterwards:

Hi Greg,

I used the chargers in Lot A for the first time today with my Tesla model S. See the attached photo.

If I can provide a bit of feedback for you: these chargers are GREAT for day trips / flight commuting, and long-term travel. I'd be happy to plug in and leave it plugged in while I was traveling, and it would be worth the $2 premium over Lot B, where I usually park.

The spaces are a bit short for my Model S (they appear to be sized for the smaller cars, like the Nissan Leaf).

Unfortunately, they're not all that great for those who are dropping off/picking up people (at least not for the cost compared to the garage). When I plugged in, I noticed it was running 200V at about 16 amps, or 3.2 kW. That gives me about 8-9 miles of charge for each hour I'm plugged in. That really doesn't offset the higher cost for an hour or two. For the two hours I was there, I was charged $7.50. I think it would have been less expensive for me in the be parked in the main terminal garage, and I really didn't need the charge.

I hope this feedback helps. If I can ever answer any questions -- or perhaps show you how it works -- let me know. I'll be headed back on New Year's Day to pick up my son.

And his reply:

I had a feeling that was yours Craig. I appreciate the feedback and will see what we can do to work on those issues. I think that there are some things that we can do to work on some of those issues. I was so convinced that it was yours we took pictures as well. We have come a long way with getting them here and we will continue to do what we can to make them better.

16A seems like something's wrong. I've seen the car default to 16A if the pilot signal's got an issue (both on a Tesla MC connection as well as a J1772 connection). What kind of chargers are those?

16A seems like something's wrong. I've seen the car default to 16A if the pilot signal's got an issue (both on a Tesla MC connection as well as a J1772 connection). What kind of chargers are those?

I didn't take note of the manufacturer, but will when I pick my son up on the 1st, I'll also try another charger to see if that's the issue. It's a J17772 connection, everything was seated firmly.