Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Standard Model X features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok...

So it seems the base Model X now has ambient lighting features, dynamic headlights, tow hitch as standard options. No longer requiring PUP.

But, they changed the PUP to $6k. And that includes upgraded audio and cold weather package. Really messes up my choices for premium audio.

Ugh.....I wanted to wait a little while to order after summer, but the lack of options are getting worse. In a few months time it'll be just 75 or 100, and you pick the interior and exterior colors.

Some significance doing this a week ahead of the model 3 reveal? Also, a new interior color, "Cream."

Boy, I wonder how many people didn't order SAS because they didn't want to pay for it, but wanted it.. and now it's standard. I wonder if Tesla will offer upgrades for those folks (if they want it). I'd be pretty pissed if that happened (although I would have ordered SAS regardless).

But I think it makes sense to roll everything into the PUP.. makes manufacturing easier, and fits in with their new ordering page.

Went through my usual "this is what it would cost us to get an MX" exercise and there was no change in our cost, but we get some additional items that were in the PUP before. We don't need sub- zero or audio and can open our doors still, so no need for the new PUP. I can see those who need one of those items being upset at having to pay $6000 for it, though.

Why in the world would they group the upgraded audio with the cold weather, and for 6K???

Because now, at least, for $6k ($5 for Model S) you get a lot of important features:
HEPA filter
Ultra-hifi sound
Smart Air Suspension
Cold Weather Pkg

I guess they analyzed their customers ordering patterns, and there weren't too many people ordering just the Cold Weather package without the rest.

Technically SAS (Smart Air Suspension) has always been included. Sure initially, it was an option, but Tesla decided that coil wouldn't be acceptable and never released a Model-X with coil suspension.

It seems strange to me that they offer the 6-seater without the center console at the exact same price as with the center console.

It seems strange to me that they offer the 6-seater without the center console at the exact same price as with the center console.
I believe this was always this way. It was just one big selection box that mentioned you could get either one ... but the price was the same. Now there are just two separate selection boxes with the same price (as before).

I believe this was always this way. It was just one big selection box that mentioned you could get either one ... but the price was the same. Now there are just two separate selection boxes with the same price (as before).
Yes, you're right. But I still find it odd. I suspect that in a couple of months, they'll have a different price for each configuration.

Just doesn't seem fair that if you don't want the center console, you're effectively still paying for it. It would be fine if it was removeable, but that's not the case.

It seems to me the price of loaded P100D 6 seater went down with this move. It has climbed to new heights recently, but seems to be closer to early this year levels now... (though no seat ventilation or auto-spoiler now).

Just one more thing Model 3 is causing... more will be given to those who wait even longer. :)

As for customization options, those are less and less. Too bad about e.g. the large silver wheels. I couldn't find a single wheel I like within that selection now...

No, it was not always this way.

It was this way starting with the folding 7 seater. Before that 6 seater with console was more costly than without - and 6 seater without was cheaper than 7 seater...

Before that the prices were, I think in this order: 5 seater cheapest, 6 seater no console next, 6 seater with console next, 7 seater the most expensive.

Now it is like this: 5 seater the cheapest, 6 seater the most expensive (same price with or without console) and 7 seater the second cheapest.

Why in the world would they group the upgraded audio with the cold weather, and for 6K???

I could see people in colder climates being very disappointed that cold weather is grouped with other options for that price.

I'm guessing just wanting to add value to the premium package - it had been losing quite a bit of its value in recent times through lost features (no seat ventilation, no dash Alcantara, price increases...). This way they can at least show some significant value in there to justify to rather steep ask...

And optimize manufacturing, of course, too.

I kinda like the new premium bundle. I ordered a new X75D less than two weeks ago, and opted out of the premium package because I found it so overpriced (especially since I would need to disable the auto presenting door feature). Now some of the features are standard, the package includes cold weather and HIFI, and the price (in Norway) has increased with 1/3 of what HIFI & cold weather used to cost. That is a good deal in my book. Of course if all you wanted was a heated steering wheel you'll now have to resort to buying a nice pair of gloves instead.

Checked if I could include the premium package but no dice since my car goes into production next week. Hopefully I will get the LED lights etc that are now standard.

If I could spend some of the $3k discount I got to retrofit the HEPA filter that would be great, but I fear that won't be possible. Will check once the car arrives.

Wow, glad I didn't wait. I paid 111k, and would be forced to pay 120k now just to get the heated steering wheels, seats and windshield nozzles.

Doesn't make sense to me, those options are near standard are most $50k cars and if they are options are usually only $1k or so.

• Helpful
Reactions: Chumbo
And, if you've not seen the other threads on this, the fix for the issues with the leather seats we' ve all seen recently seems to have been, make them all like the white seats!

All of Tesla’s seat options are now vegan

That's one way to correct leather issues, don't use leather. Will definitely have to see how the new colors look in this material.

• Informative
Reactions: vandacca
It seems to me the price of loaded P100D 6 seater went down with this move. It has climbed to new heights recently, but seems to be closer to early this year levels now... (though no seat ventilation or auto-spoiler now).

I ordered a 100D a week ago - the spec was 'final' 2 days ago. Now with the changes, the price would be $2000 lower, as I included the PUP, weather pack, and premium audio - which previously totaled $8k, but are now folded into the PUP for $6k. I didn't pay for the tow pack, but now I could have got that for free as well, it looks like.

Any guesses on whether they'll adjust my final bill to reflect the new pricing?

(Also, in another change, last week the config included 21" wheel options; now there are only 20" options).

I ordered a 100D a week ago - the spec was 'final' 2 days ago. Now with the changes, the price would be $2000 lower, as I included the PUP, weather pack, and premium audio - which previously totaled $8k, but are now folded into the PUP for $6k. I didn't pay for the tow pack, but now I could have got that for free as well, it looks like.

Any guesses on whether they'll adjust my final bill to reflect the new pricing?

(Also, in another change, last week the config included 21" wheel options; now there are only 20" options).
21s were never an option on the X. Only on S.

Now if you want big wheels you have to go black (X) or grey (S).

Btw they will not switch you to new order book pricing without your request.

But even with the $500 change fee, I think you come out ahead