Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Standard Range vs 2018 Inventory 100D decision

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I already bought 2018 100D with a price 93.5(white on white, 6 seat, EAP). But the front 2 seats has stretch marks and blue jean dye. I have the option of returning this car now. I already applied the window tint and I may loose the loan interest of around 1000 to 1200. I ordered the new standard range now with same config, but only AP for 91.5k. I work from home and may go once or twice for long trips. I get new seats with new AP hardware and new suspension, but less range 255 vs 295. Price is same for both now as I already lost 2.5k with the tint and loan interest. What do you do in this situation. Keep 100D or buy the new Standard range? Also, Is the standard range battery is same as the 100D and the difference is only the range or am I missing anything?

Thanks,

Pic

Attachments

• IMG_7496.jpg
    IMG_7496.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 104
we opted to get the new 2019 long range. considered the white on white, but ended up getting the white on black after seeing how dirty the white seats got in the showroom. we have 4 kids and don't like to constantly clean.

you could probably get by with a SR, especially if you don't have a long commute and roadtrips are few and far between, but having the range reserve is always nice.

Go with LR, you’ll be happier with the extra miles esp if you plan keeping the car for a long time, battery degradation is real. Also, most of the people say they wish they got the bigger battery / Long Range from Standard ones.
As for the seats, if that’s a real deal breaker for you - it’s “whiteness” - but can't seem to really make it look “brand new” then order a new one, I know that feeling of getting a car that’s really spanking new and made just for you!
I guess your dilemma is down to more range? or pristine clean white seats?... Tough! I get it!

Keep the 100D I’m not sure if the new SR can support the full 200kw of V3 charging but The current 100 can get up to 150kw supercharging ..the 100 is a solid battery

Go with LR, you’ll be happier with the extra miles esp if you plan keeping the car for a long time, battery degradation is real. Also, most of the people say they wish they got the bigger battery / Long Range from Standard ones.
As for the seats, if that’s a real deal breaker for you - it’s “whiteness” - but can't seem to really make it look “brand new” then order a new one, I know that feeling of getting a car that’s really spanking new and made just for you!
I guess your dilemma is down to more range? or pristine clean white seats?... Tough! I get it!

Thanks for the reply. I plan to keep it for long time if we don't have any issues with the car. When I searched online, I see the seats with black cracks(like dots) on the side after 2 years of use in both black and white seats. I am seeing that already in my 2018 car as this was placed in a mall earlier. I am wondering that the same may happen to the new car seats too? Will check the option of going to LR. Last weekend, I went to an event which is 35 miles from my place and for the trip it used 100 miles of charging with the AC(Texas heat) and radio. This probes me to go to the LR too :) I will update you. Also, I have a 100D inventory car with the price of 84k (white on white with 6 seat layout) added to the account and waiting for the photos. I feel, those seats also stained as it's an inventory car. But the price is tempting for me :)

Thanks for the reply. I plan to keep it for long time if we don't have any issues with the car. When I searched online, I see the seats with black cracks(like dots) on the side after 2 years of use in both black and white seats. I am seeing that already in my 2018 car as this was placed in a mall earlier. I am wondering that the same may happen to the new car seats too? Will check the option of going to LR. Last weekend, I went to an event which is 35 miles from my place and for the trip it used 100 miles of charging with the AC(Texas heat) and radio. This probes me to go to the LR too :) I will update you. Also, I have a 100D inventory car with the price of 84k (white on white with 6 seat layout) added to the account and waiting for the photos. I feel, those seats also stained as it's an inventory car. But the price is tempting for me :)

Yes, the prices on some inventory 100Ds are really good! That’s why i cancelled our refresh SR order and changed to inventory ones. Like you, we opted white seats, it just looks so much better, in my opinion. That 84k price is a steal for that configuration!✨

Also, I can relate to Texas heat! Who knows we might be neighbors!