Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Star Trek TV Series in 2017(Nerdgasm Alert!)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm all caught up on Disco season 4.

There will be ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ Taking Mid-Season Hiatus After Next Week, Returning February 2022.

In the ready room ep for S4:E6 (on Facebook and
(don't watch until you've seen S4:E6), Wil Wheaton near 14:30 mentions he turns 50 next year, which is crazy considering he doesn't look nor talk like he's that age. Frakes says he turns 70 next year, which is believable.

Also, for those outside the US and Canada who were watching Disco on Netflix, they likely heard about 'Star Trek: Discovery' leaves Netflix just ahead of its new season | Engadget, causing chaos and confusion. Seems even the actors were blindsided by this: ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ Stars Share International Fans’ Frustration Over Last-Minute Netflix Exit [UPDATED]. Some markets have some solutions like ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ Season 4 Debuting Internationally On Friday On Pluto TV And Paramount+.

Last edited:
Reactions: jebinc
I'm at least 1 ep behind on Disco.

Paramount+ also announced a couple of other exciting yet expected renewals. They have picked up a second season of Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, the upcoming new series starring Anson Mount as Captain Christopher Pike. Earlier reporting indicated that the season could go into production in February in Toronto, Canada. And finally, Star Trek Lower Decks has been renewed for a fourth 10-episode season.

Reactions: RobStark and jebinc
I still haven't watched the previous season so a lot to do for me on the next weekend when my wife and kids will visit our relatives. This site makes it clear about the vpn and why all we need to use when streaming something , even on the good paid platforms.

VPNs have become big business, but now that most connections are encrypted there is little need to a VPN unless you want to get access to something in a different jurisdiction to where you live. Like I use a VPN to watch programming only available in the UK, Australia, or New Zealand.

The link you provided is recommending a VPN for running bit torrents, which while not illegal in itself, a huge amount of the traffic on torrent networks is illegal downloads of digital content. Quite a few ISPs will shut down someone's account if they detect they are downloading content via torrent, so most people who do that now use VPNs to hide from their ISP.

They've been pushed into this by the DCMA which can be aggressive about shutting down transfers of illegally copied content, but ultimately it's a losing battle. They are playing whack-a-mole with millions of moles. Making ISPs police their users is the most effective way.

For using any legitimate, paid streaming site nobody is going to have any issues unless you go over a data limit.

Not sure if we should start a separate thread for SNW.

On a side note, awhile ago, I started receiving marketing emails for Star Trek: Mission Chicago. Was surprised that it seemed to be an official Trek convention but apparently not run by Creation Entertainment.

Can’t wait! Great series! Better than Discovery, which I’m not sure what happened to it. DOA?

Yeah, SNW was actually quite good. I really liked the two Gorn eps + the final ep of S1.

Disco season 4 was not good. :(

For the Section 31 original movie, I'm surprised it's happening at all given that I figure Michelle Yeoh is probably even more sought after/expensive after her Oscar win.

Yeah, SNW was actually quite good. I really liked the two Gorn eps + the final ep of S1.

Disco season 4 was not good. :(

For the Section 31 original movie, I'm surprised it's happening at all given that I figure Michelle Yeoh is probably even more sought after/expensive after her Oscar win.
Well, I finished S3:E10 last night. With that ending, I wonder if....

Reactions: cwerdna