Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

new Startech front end..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I mean.. I don't hate it. It does look like a squashed Urus front end lol

....or a near-exact copy of a Hyundai Sonata.

upload_2020-10-22_11-41-57.png

upload_2020-10-22_11-43-9.png

• Funny
Reactions: MODEL+
So many haters... I have this front end but I have a different treatment on the rear end. Modifying cars might not be for everyone and tastes range from mild to wild, but if anything is "ugly" in my opinion, it's the stock front end, the aero wheels, and the stock ride height. But hey, it's your car. Do as you like with it.

View attachment 750644View attachment 750646View attachment 750645
I'm getting quotes to have the Startech bumper painted and installed. A body shop that specialized in Tesla's cautioned me that an aftermarket bumper could interfere with the sensors and make autopilot glitchy or even non-functional. Have you had any issues with that?

Put this on a few weeks back. It's all snow and slush here in Canada. I was sick of seeing so many identical cars on the road!
I installed a used garage door module while I had the bumper off too.
I am not unhappy with the change of look.
Thoughts....
2.jpg
1.jpg

I think these cars are well designed but the front is not the best part.

This I would agree with 100%. I personally think that tesla missed out on a huge "design language" opportunity by not having all teslas have a very similar front to the model S / X with the "floating T" in the middle. I really like that, and it could have been a signature look, like BMWs kidney grills.

These other front ends are too busy for me personally, but I am all for people doing with their car visually what they want to, as long as its not something like blacking out turn signals or something like that, that makes them harder to see.

Reactions: GregoryK
This I would agree with 100%. I personally think that tesla missed out on a huge "design language" opportunity by not having all teslas have a very similar front to the model S / X with the "floating T" in the middle. I really like that, and it could have been a signature look, like BMWs kidney grills.

These other front ends are too busy for me personally, but I am all for people doing with their car visually what they want to, as long as its not something like blacking out turn signals or something like that, that makes them harder to see.
Could not agree more with your statement. They did miss out. Unfortunatley the distance of all the sensors in the existing front bumper defines aftermarket bumper shapes. So they are limited. Agreed on the busyness. I still prefer it to the original though!

Not bad. It has more traditional car styling and does kind of look like a mini urus. It would be great to see more aftermarket options that are aggressive but still functional. If I wanted to alter the front end look of my car though I'd lean towards a front splitter like this one:

forget-the-tesla-model-3-heres-the-vorsteiner-volta-135559-7.jpg