Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Steering Wheel Installed!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

JaeTheDev

Supporting Member
Jun 28, 2020
Westerly, RI
New steering wheel installed in my 21 MYP. Heated, matte carbon fiber, with perforated black leather and white stitching.

Matches my dash replacement and center console perfectly!

IMG_1862.jpeg

Is the carbon part of wheel heated as well? My wife’s Lexus only heats where there is leather and it’s really annoying as I drive 1 handed at the 1pm position where there is wood and no leather.

btw, the steering wheel is a factory tesla wheel from china and they strip it down and redo it with CF. The joybuttons I got with mine are a HUGE upgrade over the ones I got from tesla. The grips are hard plastic and slick and when trying to swipe side to side my thumbs slip. The new ones from china have a rubber grip and are MUCH easier to use

Reactions: JaeTheDev
Nice that looks good! 👏

I just did mine last weekend too! Still waiting on my CF dash and other CF bits. I went with gloss CF, heated, and red stitches. I also did the airbag cover in leather and red stitches:
View attachment 795373

View attachment 795374
btw, the steering wheel is a factory tesla wheel from china and they strip it down and redo it with CF. The joybuttons I got with mine are a HUGE upgrade over the ones I got from tesla. The grips are hard plastic and slick and when trying to swipe side to side my thumbs slip. The new ones from china have a rubber grip and are MUCH easier to use

Looking nice! I had a gloss carbon fiber wheel in my Model 3 LR. Mine was with white leather though and a white stripe. Looked good as well! I did a YT on it a year or so back. (Humble plug... lol)

Your 100% right. The wheels are cores they strip and do their thing with the "joybuttons" (haha. Love the wording. Ive always called them "scrollers") that you have are the older style from pre-2021 Model 3s and Ys. They switched to the metal ones in 2021. Personally, I dislike the rubber ones and switched my entire "guts" over from my stock wheel including the metal scrollers. To each their own though!

None the less, youre setup is looking legit! How hard was the bag cover swap? Thinking of doing that next!

Looking nice! I had a gloss carbon fiber wheel in my Model 3 LR. Mine was with white leather though and a white stripe. Looked good as well! I did a YT on it a year or so back. (Humble plug... lol)

Your 100% right. The wheels are cores they strip and do their thing with the "joybuttons" (haha. Love the wording. Ive always called them "scrollers") that you have are the older style from pre-2021 Model 3s and Ys. They switched to the metal ones in 2021. Personally, I dislike the rubber ones and switched my entire "guts" over from my stock wheel including the metal scrollers. To each their own though!

None the less, youre setup is looking legit! How hard was the bag cover swap? Thinking of doing that next!
Airbag cover was easy. But the only way to remove the old one is to cut it off lol

New steering wheel installed in my 21 MYP. Heated, matte carbon fiber, with perforated black leather and white stitching.

Matches my dash replacement and center console perfectly!

View attachment 795066

Figured would ask here instead of the other thread, is this the same vendor as the one you posted in the carbon fibre dash thread? I went to their site and can't seem to locate this specific wheel. Looking to see if they do one without the white. Ones I saw said they aren't heated.

Figured would ask here instead of the other thread, is this the same vendor as the one you posted in the carbon fibre dash thread? I went to their site and can't seem to locate this specific wheel. Looking to see if they do one without the white. Ones I saw said they aren't heated.

All of their work is custom. If youd like, I can help with the ordering process for you. Only downfall, is it takes about a week to make and another 10 days to get it from China to the states, but the saving and workmanship makes up for it for sure.

It's basically aroham.net, or greecar on Aliexpress.

Just note, YMMV with the quality of the goods provided. The dash they sent me had a few imperfections, not as bad as a couple of others on this forum though (Real Matte Carbon Fiber Dash).

My steering wheel looks great, though there were two stripped screws on the joy button control panel, one of which I had to cut the plastic to get it off. I wasn't using this joy button as I was replacing it with my original (metal vs plastic).

1656942377464.png

1656942423681.png