TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

New Store

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Sans Gas, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Sans Gas

Sans Gas Member

What's up with the Dania Beach store. Will a test drive be available soon in south Florida?

2. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

The display car that is there has a drive train (most of the display cars don't) as it was used at NAIAS and other places (VIN #14). However, I believe it is not fitted with working airbags and one or two other things which means that it cannot be used for test drives on public roads. Rumor has it from various threads that the stores will be getting RC/VP's for test drives in May but I would guess mid-late May.

3. Sans Gas

Sans Gas Member

What is RC/VP's ?

4. rabar10

rabar10 FFE until Model 3

Release Candidates (i.e. after the Betas but before general production) and Validation Prototypes (this term was used for pre-production Roadsters, haven't seen it used for the Model S)

5. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

*rabar10* is correct. I've heard Tesla folk using the VP designation in regards to Model S. In any case, put simply the VP/RC's are road legal cars that could be used for test drives.

6. tdelta1000

tdelta1000 Active Member

June.... for non reservation holders.

7. Larry Chanin

Larry Chanin Model S Perf Sig 1055