TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

New Stores in the North East

Discussion in 'New England' started by mikevbf, Jul 25, 2012.

1. mikevbf

mikevbf Member

If we buy the car over the internet, isn't it tax free :rolleyes:

2. ModelS1079

ModelS1079 Member

First New England Forum post - As of this past week, Tesla reasserts store in Natick, MA open by October, Service Center in Watertown, MA by early October. Would be GREAT for me. Anyone else have confirmation that the attorney issues in Natick are settling? Heard they have same problem in Houston or thereabouts.

3. ModelS1079

ModelS1079 Member

Paperwork signed and in. All good. No remorse - just relief. Sit back and see if the company doesn't fold before I get my car.

4. Brian H

Brian H Banned

You can't necessarily go by the map. That's known and 'volunteered' buyer info only. Might be 10X as high, or more.

5. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

A little dark, but I had nearly the same feeling at least once during the first week after MVPA.

6. mikevbf

mikevbf Member

Not showing the on service center map yet, but nor are many other places mentioned in the share holder meeting.
    Tesla Stores and Service Centers | Tesla Motors

7. aronth5

aronth5 Long Time Follower

Here is a service map showing a service center for the Boston/NE area. Indicates it will open by March 1st.
    Service | Tesla Motors

8. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

And looking at city documents, now we know where the Boston service center is going to be:

457 Pleasant St
    Watertown, MA 02472

We should have found this document months ago!

9. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

looks like one is opening next weekend as well

10. aronth5

aronth5 Long Time Follower

Nothing really new here but this is a topic that certainly has the attention of the dealers association so you know they won't let it go.

Teslas transformation of automobile service stumbles in Massachussetts

"A recent Massachusetts law also places an interesting twist on Tesla's story about Transforming Automotive Service. The "Right to Repair Law," signed into "law in August by Gov. Patrick requires auto manufacturers to sell diagnostic and safety information required to service automobiles. This way car owners can repair their own cars, or can otherwise bring their car to the repair shop of their choosing. Clearly Tesla's "we'll take care of you" stance is going to run afoul of the Right to Repair law. They say you can tell who the pioneers are from the arrows sticking out of their backs. Indeed."

11. Robert.Boston

I'm not seeing the Right to Repair law as a particular problem for Tesla. All OEMs are required to sell diagnostic tools and diagnostic information (e.g. meaning of status codes) at a "reasonable cost". OEMs charge their dealers something for this stuff, so the requirement is effectively an anti-discrimination clause for third-party repair shops. Tesla doesn't sell this stuff to anyone, however, so law enforcement agencies will necessarily give a much broader range of pricing to Tesla.

Moreover, this law was not really targeted at individuals seeking to repair their cars, but rather to third-party repair shops who want to compete with the dealers. I think it will be quite some time before any independent repair shop sees a business in repair Model S.

12. hcsharp

hcsharp Active Member

I agree this law is not a problem for Tesla and it actually makes me more motivated to buy their cars. You can be more confident that they won't put the screws to you if there is 3rd party competition. Although you wouldn't know that based on the cost of their annual service... I'm still irked that it's more than my Roadster. The Mass car dealerships are certainly giving them a run for their money though.

13. Batmobile

Batmobile Junior Member

14. Robert.Boston

Rumor has it that the grand opening of the Natick Mall store will be next Friday, the 28th.

15. Arnold Panz

Arnold Panz Model Sig 304, VIN 542

Roosevelt Field on Long Island has its Tesla Store opening tomorrow. This is from Twitter:

Roosevelt Field

16. woof

woof Model S #P683 Blue 85 kWh

Anyone know if anything interesting is planned? Any cars to drive?

17. cinergi

cinergi Active Member

18. woof

woof Model S #P683 Blue 85 kWh

The private event is Thursday evening, according to the invite. Are there any charging stations in the mall? Getting there and back will be close in the ActiveE (90+ miles).

19. cinergi

cinergi Active Member

Not that I know of or can find. Not sure which direction you're coming from ... there's a J1772 at the Whole Foods in Wellesley -- about the closest one I know of.

20. Robert.Boston

OK, now I'm miffed -- I could get there for the Thursday event, but no invite. :frown: