Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Stores in the North East

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not that I know of or can find. Not sure which direction you're coming from ... there's a J1772 at the Whole Foods in Wellesley -- about the closest one I know of.

The Wellesley Whole Foods had a sign when I was there a month ago stating it was for Whole Foods customers only and a 2-hr limit.

I need a charger too if I don't stay overnight somewhere. In fact I would need at least 40A or I will not get much sleep that night... If anyone finds out anything about charging, please let us know ASAP.

Given it's a Tesla store going in there, I wonder if they'll have a way to charge someone's car ... worth asking your Tesla contacts (I can ask, too, if you like).
Other than that, I see two Home plugs listed on plugshare. And someone could use my 208v/40a circuit in my complex's shared garage if we do something like have you meet me where I live and then we go together in my Roadster while yours charges. I can accomodate only one person though.
How long would you need at 8 kW Henry?

- - - Updated - - -

The private event is Thursday evening, according to the invite. Are there any charging stations in the mall? Getting there and back will be close in the ActiveE (90+ miles).

What are your charging options? J1772 I assume ... anything else?

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if this is operational yet ... and public.. Electric Charging Station - About - Google+
I'll see if I can check into that tomorrow (hrm, that'd be later today, technically)

- - - Updated - - -

Framingham Nissan maybe? (call ahead to see if they'd do that for you, especially after hours)

- - - Updated - - -

And, less convenient, there's a chargepoint in newton centre apparently, as well as something at the indigo hotel in newton

... 99 Restaurant in Marlborough right off 495 has something apparently ...
not sure what routes you peeps are taking ...

I'm going. If I can't charge while at the event, I'll just hyper-mile back. While it would be nice to pick up some insurance Wh's while there, its not a necessity. There's plenty of public charging on my way back to North Andover if I run short.

Heading in Thursday to Natick if work allows. Others?

I, and family, will be there thursday night.

- - - Updated - - -

And, less convenient, there's a chargepoint in newton centre apparently, as well as something at the indigo hotel in newton

The charge station at city hall in newton centre (http://carstations.com/18562) is free... if you use it, call them, and they'll likely take a picture and put it in the paper (it doesn't get used much)

Given it's a Tesla store going in there, I wonder if they'll have a way to charge someone's car ... worth asking your Tesla contacts (I can ask, too, if you like).
Other than that, I see two Home plugs listed on plugshare. And someone could use my 208v/40a circuit in my complex's shared garage if we do something like have you meet me where I live and then we go together in my Roadster while yours charges. I can accomodate only one person though.
How long would you need at 8 kW Henry?

Thanks for offering this! About 4+ hrs, but maybe less because I might stay overnight! I'm juggling some other plans... I need to be in Wellesley Friday afternoon, and home Fri morning but trying to change that. I wonder if they have anything setup at the new service center yet. Give me a day or so to get my plans finalized.

Where did you find out about the charging at the Indigo in Newton?

I just got a response from somebody at Tesla:
The Roadster charging is planned to be installed tomorrow. I will let you know if anything changes.

But no word on where it is being installed. Presumably somewhere in the giant parking lot that surrounds that mall. I'm coming but might be late if traffic is bad. Crossing my fingers the Roadster charging get's installed as planned and I can use it.

Soon!
image.jpg