Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New/student driver sticker for FSD beta testers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I'm testing the FSD beta I'm feeling the need for a New/student driver sticker. FSD beta is like teaching my kids to drive all over again...kinda. I'm not worried about it crashing, but I AM concerned about not freaking other drivers out or causing anyone else any grief. I want something removable, and not magnetic. I've searched for a while but haven't found anything acceptable.

Hoping someone "in the know" here can offer suggestions.

As I'm testing the FSD beta I'm feeling the need for a New/student driver sticker. FSD beta is like teaching my kids to drive all over again...kinda. I'm not worried about it crashing, but I AM concerned about not freaking other drivers out or causing anyone else any grief. I want something removable, and not magnetic. I've searched for a while but haven't found anything acceptable.

Hoping someone "in the know" here can offer suggestions.

How about a $79 programmable LED with suction cups sticking on the inside of your rear window :

window_signs_1024x1024.jpg

1639441772972.png

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeR99
I saw a model 3 with this sticker on it the other day:

I know I’m going to get downvoted, but this is where I feel Tesla is wrong. We shouldn’t be beta testers and the rest of the driving public who didn’t agree to be part of the program shouldn’t have to worry if the car will over correct into their lane. If the car is behaving erratically enough that you feel the need to put a sticker on the thing then it isn’t ready for public use.

I saw a model 3 with this sticker on it the other day:

I know I’m going to get downvoted, but this is where I feel Tesla is wrong. We shouldn’t be beta testers and the rest of the driving public who didn’t agree to be part of the program shouldn’t have to worry if the car will over correct into their lane. If the car is behaving erratically enough that you feel the need to put a sticker on the thing then it isn’t ready for public use.

Maybe I should have used different words than "freak out", but if it was doing something that I thought would actually harm other people, I would agree with you. It hasn't ever headed toward someone in a dangerous manner. It's more a matter of it acting too slowly, like making a turn or something, or sitting at a stop sign too long, or sitting in the middle of a lane instead of keeping left so other drivers can get around the car and make a turn. It is far safer than I felt when teaching my kids to drive, so, if we were to follow the logic you stated, we could say the same thing about new drivers. I don't say that to downvote you or be argumentative, just to offer another perspective.

This doesn't seem like it's reducing the stress and anxiety of driving. o_O

Right now, on local city roads, no, it doesn't. On my trips from the Bay Area to LA, it shines. A 7 hour drive that used to exhaust me by the time I reached the other end, felt like an hour long drive in the Tesla. Hard to describe it and do justice. You'd just have to experience it.

Right now, on local city roads, no, it doesn't. On my trips from the Bay Area to LA, it shines. A 7 hour drive that used to exhaust me by the time I reached the other end, felt like an hour long drive in the Tesla. Hard to describe it and do justice. You'd just have to experience it.
I've experienced FSD in my 2019 Model 3, highway driving on FSD was OK, not a substantial improvement over the Enhanced Auto Pilot (just my opinion). My response was relative to the FSD Beta, which is not my idea of an improved driving experience.

I've experienced FSD in my 2019 Model 3, highway driving on FSD was OK, not a substantial improvement over the Enhanced Auto Pilot (just my opinion). My response was relative to the FSD Beta, which is not my idea of an improved driving experience.

I thought they were different stacks? I know you get the FSD visualizations for Autopilot, but I don't think it's using the FSD stack on highways/freeways. I could be wrong I suppose. But I agree, the FSD beta is not my idea of an improved driving experience either.