Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New style Caliper cover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was looking for a cover that may be acceptable to put over the rear calipers only on a M3LR.I hated looking at the rear calipers more than the thought of trying a rear caliper cover.
I found these and they were so good i used for the front and rear. The fit was MM perfect on the set i received and well secured.
I was also curious about the debate that they held heat. There was no difference on the front, temped with infrared immediately after very aggressively breaking, one side with one without. I did not temp the rear.

New style from AOOA made to fit these calipers only. I ordered from Amazon to look at, then ordered direct from https://www.aooacalipercovers.com/ so i could get without the AOOA logo and added a high temp light grey vinyl Tesla decal. Shipped from factory in China, arrived within a week. Thought this might help others that cant look at that rear caliper.

Attachments

• IMG_0191.jpeg
    IMG_0191.jpeg
    464.2 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_0190.jpeg
    IMG_0190.jpeg
    544.5 KB · Views: 198
  • 67530981314__B7B3F29B-0A90-4B1B-B292-A69F01654CFF.jpeg
    67530981314__B7B3F29B-0A90-4B1B-B292-A69F01654CFF.jpeg
    602.9 KB · Views: 194
This is a good find. All other rear caliper covers were unacceptable to me - this is the best I've seen that hides that "caliper cover" look. The non-performance M3 setup is very common on many vehicles: fixed 4 piston caliper on front, and exposed sliding caliper on rear. When painted, or otherwise, the rears quickly become dirty and hard to clean. And are not that attractive to begin with.

Yours look nice. I'm still thinking about painting my fronts, though. And, BTW, if it matters to you, I believe the bleeder screw is always at the top.

How did you order without lettering?

Reactions: kessel_run
This is a good find. All other rear caliper covers were unacceptable to me - this is the best I've seen that hides that "caliper cover" look. The non-performance M3 setup is very common on many vehicles: fixed 4 piston caliper on front, and exposed sliding caliper on rear. When painted, or otherwise, the rears quickly become dirty and hard to clean. And are not that attractive to begin with.

Yours look nice. I'm still thinking about painting my fronts, though. And, BTW, if it matters to you, I believe the bleeder screw is always at the top.

How did you order without lettering?
Damn it, I did not even think about that, now its going to bother me. I guess ill will be fixing that, good catch. I wanted to add some locktite also.
I just emailed the contact us and told them i wanted a new style black without the logo.

Thx Marks, It was difficult to consider covers, so upside down was to much to take. Like you the plan was to possibly use the rear if they looked good enough and then paint the fronts black, until i got these.

Attachments

• IMG_0216.jpeg
    IMG_0216.jpeg
    363.7 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_0218.jpeg
    IMG_0218.jpeg
    489.9 KB · Views: 167