Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor New SunTek Ceramic-Style PPF is 2-in-1 Protection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

New SunTek Reaction is a perfectionist Tesla owner’s dream. It’s a 2-in-1 innovation mergingthe best features of ceramic coating and paint protection film. With Reaction, you get ceramic’sslick shine plus a top-of-the-line PPF shield to help keep your Tesla’s finish like new. Becausethere’s just one product, there’s also just one installation. This can cost less and get you backon the road faster, driving with more confidence than ever.

A Super Hydrophobic Finish with Deep Shine

The first thing you’ll notice about Reaction is the hyper-glossy finish. It has the depth of shinethat typically drives people to top off their PPF with a ceramic coating. Reaction’s optically clear,epic shine is hydrophobic enough to easily slough off dirt and moisture too, which makeswashing easy and gives you a clean look longer. Be warned: you may like it so much that youupgrade your partial coverage to a full wrap. Our installers have seen it happen.

Tesla-Reaction-1024x768.jpg

Advanced, Scientifically Proven Finish Defense

Once you drive with Reaction for a while, you’ll also appreciate how relentlessly it helps fightdamage. SunTek engineers pushed performance beyond what’s considered top-tier for PPF.Eastman TetrashieldTM technology gives Reaction up to 25% more resistance to environmentalhazards than other top brands. You’ll see this every day, and also when it comes to nature’sworst: acid rain, bird droppings and tree sap. This environmental protection also comes withrock chip protection, the ability to self-heal, and a manufacturer’s limited warranty* that lasts for12 years.

Engineered for Ideal Installation

When a professional installer’s job is easier, your results are the best possible. Reaction easilystretches to accommodate a Tesla’s intricate lines and curves, which makes it great to work withduring installation. You can look forward to a top-notch install with any method. However,

Reaction installs are especially smooth with our new Core software because Reaction and Corewere made to be used together.

Where to Find New SunTek Reaction PPF

SunTek Reaction PPF is available through a dealer network that spans both Canada and theU.S. These automotive film experts are supported by SunTek and trained to deliver the highlyprofessional PPF installation results you and your Tesla deserve. Visithttps://suntekfilms.com/dealerzip to locate a SunTek PPF dealer near you.

Have questions we didn’t answer? Ask now or learn more here.Ready to protect your Tesla? Find a SunTek DealerCheck out SunTek on Facebook and Instagram

MANDATORIES:*Certain restrictions apply; see a dealer for warranty details.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kevy Baby
So you're saying I could get the car painted twice for the price of 1 ppf job. Could probably pay less than that if I only need to fix the damage from the rock chips and do many multiple fixes for the cost of one ppf job. I get phone covers to keep my phone in near mint condition, and that is probably why people insist on wrapping their cars, but can't justify paying 6k to 8k for a car cover unless you want a custom color that Tesla doesn't offer. Just seems like a huge waste of money, but if you have a lot of money to burn, then it is a no brainer.

I am not saying PPF makes sense for everyone. I respect people who don't want to spend any money on PPF. As I have said in other posts, a $9 bottle of Turtle Wax Seal and Shine is a perfectly legitimate choice to protect your paint. But I personally disagree with blanket general statements like "PPF is a waste of money". I personally think that PPF, with its unique ability to self heal, is a great product. And although a Tesla Model 3 is not an expensive collector's car, the painted front bumper as well as the rocker panels are magnets for rock chips.

And while you do not have to repaint an entire car, it is often advised to repaint not just a damaged panel but the surrounding panels as well, to blend the paint and make sure the colors match. Plus if you have your car painted, it is usually in the shop for several days. I had a piece of PPF replaced after someone bashed their car door into my fender. It cost me $125 to have the piece replaced and took just over an hour.

I want to purchase a DIY kit, and put the sweat equity into it. I have watched the YouTube videos of the pros doing it and I can appreciate their hard work. However, I really enjoy this kind of challenge as I get great satisfaction from taking on projects requiring precision and tenacity. I am looking to hear from the like minded folks who have taken on the challenge. What kit did you get? What did it cost you? What did you do to prep for installation? I know the bearded Tesla guy on YouTube took this challenge with acceptable results but would love to hear from some others.

The price will depend on several factors, including the vehicle model and the amount of coverage you want. For example, some owners opt to have all painted surfaces protected, while others just go for the areas that take the most punishment (front bumper, hood, rocker panels, etc). The best way to get an accurate price is to talk to a SunTek dealer about your particular needs. You can find one near you by entering your zip code on our locator: Locate a PPF Dealer | SunTek
SunTek,

For your situational awareness, there are a few pages on your website that don’t play nice with Safari including your “Locate a PPF Dealer” Page. Bottom line I can’t locate dealers for zip code 03862.

SunTek,

For your situational awareness, there are a few pages on your website that don’t play nice with Safari including your “Locate a PPF Dealer” Page. Bottom line I can’t locate dealers for zip code 03862.
So I randomly asked a model y charging next to me that had a gorgeous full wrap, matte with multiple hues, how much she paid. She said she got it from a reputable place in nyc for $3k. Her husband said they shopped around and that was the going price….

that seems like a decent price that I’d consider although still 1-2k high.

So I randomly asked a model y charging next to me that had a gorgeous full wrap, matte with multiple hues, how much she paid. She said she got it from a reputable place in nyc for $3k. Her husband said they shopped around and that was the going price….

that seems like a decent price that I’d consider although still 1-2k high.
I was quoted $850 in mexico. Want to go on vacation for a week?

Reactions: Cuttin
New SunTek Reaction is a perfectionist Tesla owner’s dream. It’s a 2-in-1 innovation mergingthe best features of ceramic coating and paint protection film. With Reaction, you get ceramic’sslick shine plus a top-of-the-line PPF shield to help keep your Tesla’s finish like new. Becausethere’s just one product, there’s also just one installation. This can cost less and get you backon the road faster, driving with more confidence than ever.

A Super Hydrophobic Finish with Deep Shine

The first thing you’ll notice about Reaction is the hyper-glossy finish. It has the depth of shinethat typically drives people to top off their PPF with a ceramic coating. Reaction’s optically clear,epic shine is hydrophobic enough to easily slough off dirt and moisture too, which makeswashing easy and gives you a clean look longer. Be warned: you may like it so much that youupgrade your partial coverage to a full wrap. Our installers have seen it happen.

Tesla-Reaction-1024x768.jpg

Advanced, Scientifically Proven Finish Defense

Once you drive with Reaction for a while, you’ll also appreciate how relentlessly it helps fightdamage. SunTek engineers pushed performance beyond what’s considered top-tier for PPF.Eastman TetrashieldTM technology gives Reaction up to 25% more resistance to environmentalhazards than other top brands. You’ll see this every day, and also when it comes to nature’sworst: acid rain, bird droppings and tree sap. This environmental protection also comes withrock chip protection, the ability to self-heal, and a manufacturer’s limited warranty* that lasts for12 years.

Engineered for Ideal Installation

When a professional installer’s job is easier, your results are the best possible. Reaction easilystretches to accommodate a Tesla’s intricate lines and curves, which makes it great to work withduring installation. You can look forward to a top-notch install with any method. However,

Reaction installs are especially smooth with our new Core software because Reaction and Corewere made to be used together.

Where to Find New SunTek Reaction PPF

SunTek Reaction PPF is available through a dealer network that spans both Canada and theU.S. These automotive film experts are supported by SunTek and trained to deliver the highlyprofessional PPF installation results you and your Tesla deserve. Visithttps://suntekfilms.com/dealerzip to locate a SunTek PPF dealer near you.

Have questions we didn’t answer? Ask now or learn more here.Ready to protect your Tesla? Find a SunTek DealerCheck out SunTek on Facebook and Instagram

MANDATORIES:*Certain restrictions apply; see a dealer for warranty details.
What could you put on top of SunTek Reaction to protect it, rejuvenate it or just add to it?

Dear SunTek
I understand SunTek Reaction has hydrophobic qualities due to the infused ceramics (awesome!!!). I also understand there is a 12yr warranty against yellowing, cracking and bubbling (also awesome!!!). Can you say on average (I know there are many different environmental factors of course) how long the hydrophobic qualities last? Can you suggest a top coat or spray or wash technique to help rejuvenate or prolong hydrophobic qualities. Can you top SunTek Reaction with a ceramic coating?
thank you, Robert

Yes you can, but the ceramic coating will not last as long as it would on paint. I had my M2 completely wrapped with SunTek Ultra which also has the same hydrophobic qualities and ceramic coated the car with Gyeon Mohs. If you have your car completely wrapped it's not worth paying a professional to ceramic coat it because you won't have the longevity, but if you are comfortable doing it yourself then it shouldn't be a problem

Yes you can, but the ceramic coating will not last as long as it would on paint. I had my M2 completely wrapped with SunTek Ultra which also has the same hydrophobic qualities and ceramic coated the car with Gyeon Mohs. If you have your car completely wrapped it's not worth paying a professional to ceramic coat it because you won't have the longevity, but if you are comfortable doing it yourself then it shouldn't be a problem
I will PPF and ceramic myself. Still waffling on ceramic though. Its normal for people to ceramic coat Xpel but was hoping to get data on SunTek and topping with ceramic.