Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor New SunTek Ceramic-Style PPF is 2-in-1 Protection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

New SunTek Reaction is a perfectionist Tesla owner’s dream. It’s a 2-in-1 innovation mergingthe best features of ceramic coating and paint protection film. With Reaction, you get ceramic’sslick shine plus a top-of-the-line PPF shield to help keep your Tesla’s finish like new. Becausethere’s just one product, there’s also just one installation. This can cost less and get you backon the road faster, driving with more confidence than ever.

A Super Hydrophobic Finish with Deep Shine

The first thing you’ll notice about Reaction is the hyper-glossy finish. It has the depth of shinethat typically drives people to top off their PPF with a ceramic coating. Reaction’s optically clear,epic shine is hydrophobic enough to easily slough off dirt and moisture too, which makeswashing easy and gives you a clean look longer. Be warned: you may like it so much that youupgrade your partial coverage to a full wrap. Our installers have seen it happen.

Tesla-Reaction-1024x768.jpg

Advanced, Scientifically Proven Finish Defense

Once you drive with Reaction for a while, you’ll also appreciate how relentlessly it helps fightdamage. SunTek engineers pushed performance beyond what’s considered top-tier for PPF.Eastman TetrashieldTM technology gives Reaction up to 25% more resistance to environmentalhazards than other top brands. You’ll see this every day, and also when it comes to nature’sworst: acid rain, bird droppings and tree sap. This environmental protection also comes withrock chip protection, the ability to self-heal, and a manufacturer’s limited warranty* that lasts for12 years.

Engineered for Ideal Installation

When a professional installer’s job is easier, your results are the best possible. Reaction easilystretches to accommodate a Tesla’s intricate lines and curves, which makes it great to work withduring installation. You can look forward to a top-notch install with any method. However,

Reaction installs are especially smooth with our new Core software because Reaction and Corewere made to be used together.

Where to Find New SunTek Reaction PPF

SunTek Reaction PPF is available through a dealer network that spans both Canada and theU.S. These automotive film experts are supported by SunTek and trained to deliver the highlyprofessional PPF installation results you and your Tesla deserve. Visithttps://suntekfilms.com/dealerzip to locate a SunTek PPF dealer near you.

Have questions we didn’t answer? Ask now or learn more here.Ready to protect your Tesla? Find a SunTek DealerCheck out SunTek on Facebook and Instagram

MANDATORIES:*Certain restrictions apply; see a dealer for warranty details.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kevy Baby
The price will depend on several factors, including the vehicle model and the amount of coverage you want. For example, some owners opt to have all painted surfaces protected, while others just go for the areas that take the most punishment (front bumper, hood, rocker panels, etc). The best way to get an accurate price is to talk to a SunTek dealer about your particular needs. You can find one near you by entering your zip code on our locator: Locate a PPF Dealer | SunTek

The price will depend on several factors, including the vehicle model and the amount of coverage you want. For example, some owners opt to have all painted surfaces protected, while others just go for the areas that take the most punishment (front bumper, hood, rocker panels, etc). The best way to get an accurate price is to talk to a SunTek dealer about your particular needs. You can find one near you by entering your zip code on our locator: Locate a PPF Dealer | SunTek

How about some costs for common examples...

Coverage of just the high beating areas vs full coverage. Roughly.

Reactions: blissdancer
These are some averages:

A partial front end (half hood, half fenders, mirrors, bumper) runs about $1,000. A full front end (full hood, full fenders, mirrors, bumper) is about $2,000. A full vehicle wrap runs $5k-$8k.
I just don't get how a thin piece of plastic applied to a whole car would cost 5k-8k. I'm sure it's AWESOME plastic and EXPERTLY applied, but come on.

Can anyone comment on other wrap companies prices?

I just don't get how a thin piece of plastic applied to a whole car would cost 5k-8k.

I agree the cost of PPF is high, but it is much more than just a piece of plastic. It is a paint protection product that offers something unique unlike any other product on the market. It has self-healing properties. Normally, if your clear coat is scratched, you have to do a paint correction to get rid of the scratches. If they are deep enough, you have to repaint the panel. But with PPF, which is 4-6 times as thick as clear coat, the scratches just magically disappear in the heat of the sun.

Here is a video that demonstrates this self healing property. Fast forward to time mark 1:20 where he purposely scratches his clear coat with a steel brush. He then pours hot water on top of the scratches and the scratches disappear:

If no other options, I'd rather wait 5 years and get whole car repainted. But after 5 years, will probaby not want to repaint the car. Anything lower than 5k? I'd be willing to pay around 1k to 2k for whole car wrap.

Yes, you could get the car repainted after 5 years and some people do prefer to go this route. But keep in mind two things 1) repainting a car is not cheap. A good quality paint job is probably north of $3,000 or $4,000. 2) Repainting is a one time fix. There is no guarantee that your car won't get a bunch of rock chips shortly after your nice new paint job is done. PPF will self-heal over and over again.

If you only want to spend up to $2K for PPF, then the only two options I can think of would either be to get a partial PPF, where you cover only the most vulnerable parts of the car. Or you can attempt to do a DIY job. But from what I have read on TMC, PPF is best left to the professionals.

So you're saying I could get the car painted twice for the price of 1 ppf job. Could probably pay less than that if I only need to fix the damage from the rock chips and do many multiple fixes for the cost of one ppf job. I get phone covers to keep my phone in near mint condition, and that is probably why people insist on wrapping their cars, but can't justify paying 6k to 8k for a car cover unless you want a custom color that Tesla doesn't offer. Just seems like a huge waste of money, but if you have a lot of money to burn, then it is a no brainer.