Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hudson, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good afternoon all, this picture is from about 2pm today in Hudson. Construction is underway. @BlueShift please put a cone on this location.
IMG_20181128_132833.jpg

This is great news for Tesla drivers living in Sudbury like me. We will have SC choices of Hudson or Framingham. Panera Bread and Lowes is a big plus. There's also a BB&Beyond here for those tempting household items purchased with a 20% off coupon. For restaurants, Framingham only has John Harvards. If your goal is to save money, Framingham SC won't save you as beer/appetizer sets you back $20. Charging at home, if you can, costs far less.

Reactions: chjch
This is great news for Tesla drivers living in Sudbury like me. We will have SC choices of Hudson or Framingham. Panera Bread and Lowes is a big plus. There's also a BB&Beyond here for those tempting household items purchased with a 20% off coupon. For restaurants, Framingham only has John Harvards. If your goal is to save money, Framingham SC won't save you as beer/appetizer sets you back $20. Charging at home, if you can, costs far less.

I work on the Waltham/Lexington line, and I'm hoping the planned Waltham SC is in a similarly useful location.

I was at the Hudson Light and Power Open house today, and giving rides in my Model S 75D. I chatted with most of the HLP employees, and finally chatted with one who told me that Tesla is putting a Super Charger in Hudson, MA in the Highland Commons shopping center. It will be located behind Panera Bread!

The transformer being put in is a 750 kVA transformer, but the person did not know if the super charger is 8 or 12 ports. I will give him a call early next week and find out the number of ports.

From what he said, Tesla really wants to get this one done, and will start installing in January 2019. The good thing is that in Hudson, MA we have an incredible municipal light and power company who has great service. The local utility will not be the gating factor!

I would guess they want to put it in Hudson because our rates are so much lower than surrounding towns, and it is right off of route 495 at route 62. So it is convenient to people driving from Auburn to points north on 290 to 495. You could skip the auburn charger and go to Hudson instead.

...And it is behind a Panera!
Excellent. And I can't WAIT to skip auburn. One of my least favorites...

I drove by it yesterday, and it looks likes all the pipes from the individual pads to the main pad are installed.

I did not see any Tesla equipment there though. I have always seem the equipment being delivered before works starts.

I will try and ask my contact at Hudson Light and Power what the status is.

• Informative
Reactions: chjch
Snap some photos if you get a chance!
A few further away that help show where it is in the shopping center would be nice, too. I'm confused by @ModelNforNerd 's photo above in post #23. That doesn't look like any buildings or signs I recognize by Lowe's, which is where I thought it was.

I'll need a quick charge in that area late next week. This would be a nice Christmas present! Otherwise I'm stuck with 50 kW at the Hannaford's or Simon Mall Chademos.

Tonight at 8:30:

The equipment has arrived (at least some), tucked at the back.

I also noticed a big generator running all night with a sign on it “Heat King”. What are they keeping warm? Tesla Powepacks:) Perhaps keeping the ground from freezing while finishing up!
IMG_0648.jpg
IMG_0653.jpg
IMG_0647.jpg

Reactions: jlv1