Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hudson, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
357E9BB9-1C80-481B-80CB-EBA191C51BD4.jpeg
Yes, definitely works. My battery is not quite warmed up yet but KW is slowly moving up...

I hope I can make it this Saturday and meet you all.

I was there to charge briefly tonight, but never got above 37kW or 111 miles/hour. I was the only one there at the time. I'm used to getting close to 100kW and 300 miles/hour at most SuperCharger locations. Is this a limitation of this site or was it today's low temperatures (26F)?

I was there to charge briefly tonight, but never got above 37kW or 111 miles/hour. I was the only one there at the time. I'm used to getting close to 100kW and 300 miles/hour at most SuperCharger locations. Is this a limitation of this site or was it today's low temperatures (26F)?

when it's cold, always try to get the nub closest to the transformer. shorter cable run = less loss. every little bit helps when it's this cold out.

Also charged last night for a bit as the snow was moving in. Only got 46kW from 1A (didn't try moving). It was 27 out and I was at 45% or so SoC and had just driven about 30 miles. That seemed pretty slow to me. I know temp and current state of charge limits charge rate but I was expecting 60-80kW at least given conditions.

There was also a semi there delivery to Panera at the time making access a bit of a challenge.

Attachments

• IMG_0152.jpeg
    IMG_0152.jpeg
    536.1 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0150.jpeg
    IMG_0150.jpeg
    348.3 KB · Views: 62
The battery needs to be completely warmed up to get the max charging speeds. I park in a under ground garage in Boston, and I drive an hour before I get to Hudson from Boston, so my battery is basically at peak operating temperature.

As an aside, I was using stall 3A to get the 66 kW and that is what I expected to get given that I was at 60% SoC

I look forward to meeting everyone on Saturday 2Feb at 10AM

The battery needs to be completely warmed up to get the max charging speeds. I park in a under ground garage in Boston, and I drive an hour before I get to Hudson from Boston, so my battery is basically at peak operating temperature.

As an aside, I was using stall 3A to get the 66 kW and that is what I expected to get given that I was at 60% SoC
While my drive there was about 30 minutes, I had been garaged at home for 30 minutes just prior to that, and driven another 30 minutes before that. So, I think the battery should have been warm enough to accept a full charge. Time, temperature and others experience should clarify if there is an issue with 1A or other stalls or not.

Again, great to see it open and hope the meet-up goes well and sorry I'll miss it.

I preheated the car (with a cold-soaked battery) for about 15 minutes this afternoon, and it took 30 miles of 70+ highway driving to get the regen limits to go away. About 5-10 miles later, I was able to supercharge at 75-80kW (30% SOC) at a different Supercharger.

I don't think the rates people are seeing are out of line for a not-fully-warmed battery.