Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hudson, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Need more information.
Before arriving, I drove mostly on the highway at speed in excess of 70mph for 1.2 hours. It's around 9:30am when I arrived. My charge limit was set at 90%. This was the second time I used SC. The first time was at Leominster and it went from 25% SoC to 90% within an hour (back in early January this year). This time it took me a good 40 - 50 minutes. Please let me know if other info is needed.

Before arriving, I drove mostly on the highway at speed in excess of 70mph for 1.2 hours. It's around 9:30am when I arrived. My charge limit was set at 90%. This was the second time I used SC. The first time was at Leominster and it went from 25% SoC to 90% within an hour (back in early January this year). This time it took me a good 40 - 50 minutes. Please let me know if other info is needed.

What car?

All chargers offline this morning - causing quite a challenge for a family road trip! The chargers still show as “online” in the car navigation system, but when I called Tesla roadside, they say “yes, we see that all have been offline for an hour or so.” Well thanks for guiding me here Nav!!

To top it all off, the chargers all have a sticker that says: “If you have a problem, call _____” and the number field is blank :)

Fortunately PlugShare showed a local business 3 miles away with an 80A charger installed that I am sitting at now pulling 72A from. That will at least get me enough juice to continue on our trip to comfortable get to the Auburn Superchargers.

Very disappointed in Tesla’s chargin infrastructure. I get it - chargers go down - but for the system not to react to it and suggest I re-route while on my way is a major gap. Without this local business (THANK YOU) we’d be stranded until they come online. “No ETA, sorry.” Per Tesla. And it still shows online in the navigation system as i sit here and charge at the local business - i hope no one else gets stuck.

Sorry to read that. Kudos to you for upgrading to a 72a on board charger! Drove to a Tesla store just last night inquiring about purchasing an X only to be told that Tesla dropped the 72 option approximately a year ago and that Tesla will no longer upgrade at a SC. The new whimpy 48s will not work for me as I need a ~60 mph charge rate for a quick turn around.

Safe travels.

Sorry to read that. Kudos to you for upgrading to a 72a on board charger! Drove to a Tesla store just last night inquiring about purchasing an X only to be told that Tesla dropped the 72 option approximately a year ago and that Tesla will no longer upgrade at a SC. The new whimpy 48s will not work for me as I need a ~60 mph charge rate for a quick turn around.

Safe travels.

Thanks! We continued on our way without any problems - I hope it was just a lousy combination of circumstances.

The 72A charger was a splurge upgrade - we have a March '17 S90D but we had the circuit in the garage so figured "why not?" It has been a great perk "a few" times - like this one! - but for the most part the car charges happily overnight where the lower power level would also have been fine. but when you need it , you appreciate it!

Thanks for the well wishes - a bad supercharging experience won't dull my enthusiasm for this as the future of driving :)