Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mt. Shasta, CA - 134 Morgan Way (LIVE 04 Jan 2018)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(Moderator note: these posts were split from the original Mt Shasta Supercharger thread on 01-04-2018 — when it went live — and moved into their own thread because Tesla considers the new Superchargers a separate location even though they are just across the street. The new location has its own unique name and pin on the Tesla nav map).

Looks like 16 superchargers are being installed across the street from the current superchargers, next to a shuttered resteraunt (a cuter club-tesla location?)

Attachments

• A137E70B-B309-4695-8E33-CEBEAF0DC991.jpeg
    A137E70B-B309-4695-8E33-CEBEAF0DC991.jpeg
    405.6 KB · Views: 336
  • 4E892E42-4B2A-40B4-AB45-D694401423F2.jpeg
    4E892E42-4B2A-40B4-AB45-D694401423F2.jpeg
    489.1 KB · Views: 223
  • 88FDA6CA-F506-4874-935C-1D21AB026991.jpeg
    88FDA6CA-F506-4874-935C-1D21AB026991.jpeg
    467.4 KB · Views: 232
Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if they'll decommission the 4 "classic" Superchargers across the way once these are up. I've enjoyed more than one roaring fire in that Best Western on a rainy or snowy day. A part of me would miss that.

Though the parking lot across the street has better views of the mountain. I was there near sunset just after a fall rainstorm last year and the mountain was stunning.

I haven't been to that many superchargers, but the Best Western is probably the nicest location I've been to. I've decided to stay there next time I go down to California. I usually stop for the night somewhere between Medford and Redbluff

@ecarfan does this mean we need a new thread?? o_O
For now I'm going to consider those new Superchargers to be an expansion of the existing location even though they are "across the street" -- according to @TreborThickweb so I see no reason to start a separate thread.

I have been to the Mt Shasta Supercharger serveral times. I am looking on Google Maps to try to understand where the new Superchargers will be located. The current location is 111 Morgan Way. Does it appear that the new chargers are also on Morgan Way? Unfortunately Google Maps does not offer Street View imaging for that street, only some old photos associated with that area.

NOTE: There is a Black Bear Diner just around the corner at 401 Lake Street. The Grants Pass Supercharger is located in the parking lot of a Black Bear Diner. It seems possible that the new Shasta Superchargers could be located at the Black Bear Diner on Lake Street , and the place where the shipping crates of equipment have been sighted is simply a temporary spot for them to keep them out of the way during the digging at the new location.

• Informative
Reactions: McManX and ohmman
Sadly that restaurant is I believe the 2nd one to fail in that location so far.
Would be kind of cool if there were enough Tesla traffic there to warranty a healthy oriented place to eat at that location.
Ok, if everyone agrees to come to the restaurant and tip really well, I'll give it a try. I really liked the area the last time I was there. ;)

Looks like 16 superchargers are being installed across the street from the current superchargers, next to a shuttered resteraun
It’s been a month since @TreborThickweb discovered signs of this Supercharger expansion. Hoping for an update on the status from someone who has used this Supercharger recently.

I won’t be back that way until next spring and I’m sure it will be done by then.

It’s been a month since @TreborThickweb discovered signs of this Supercharger expansion. Hoping for an update on the status from someone who has used this Supercharger recently.

I won’t be back that way until next spring and I’m sure it will be done by then.
I'll take a look (and photos) on 11/25. Hopefully someone else will have already posted before then. I tried asking northbound folks while at the Grants Pass SC almost three weeks ago, but apparently no one had looked across the street.:rolleyes:

Reactions: McManX
As @TreborThickweb reported, 16 stalls about 30-40 yards directly east of the present site. Fifteen back-in stalls, one ideally postioned pull-in stall. Sixteen charging bollards, eight supercharger II's (135 kW) and the distribution center are all in place in a completed (but unlocked) enclosure. There is a concrete transformer pad awaiting the utility's big transformer, and the site might also be waiting for the Tesla contractor to install 8 dry autotransformers (one for each supercharger), as often seen at nonurban sites. (See the numbered conduit in the third picture.)
IMG_6634.JPG IMG_6635.JPG IMG_6636.JPG IMG_6637.JPG IMG_6639.JPG
This is at the north end of the large parking lot across the street from the present site. It is not in the Black Bear lot. The restaurant building adjacent to this site is vacant and posted as available for lease. Although there is a small cinema at the north end of this strip mall, there were no cars anywhere near these stalls, despite it being 7 PM Saturday night of Thanksgiving weekend.
Soon, hopefully!

Awesome info! Wow... living in the very rural Northsate this is pretty amazing, This is Tesla seeing the wave coming and siezing the oportunity to maximize your experience when you get out of the "urban core" of the bay area ( 38.2 lat) I still don't really have a grasp of what the wave will look like but it sure seems like it's going to be big.