Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Springfield, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it at Springfield Town center or in the shopping center with Bed Beth and Beyond? Much better if it was in the town center, but traffic can be a bear getting there on weekends.

Attachments

• 6A922944-850F-4E4E-8B67-136575B576DC.png
    6A922944-850F-4E4E-8B67-136575B576DC.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 257
View attachment 294915

Interesting to note that Springfield is yet another surprise location as it was not noted on the Tesla map.
I would hope instead of filing in holes down 95 they would work on vacation routes where there are none, before summer, like Point Harbor in NC on the way to OBX.

Seems a bit odd with all the sudden adds to 95 all of a sudden...

Reactions: Kacey Green
Lemme throw in my "curiosity cat" photos too:
View attachment 294935 View attachment 294936 View attachment 294937 View attachment 294938
Getting in and out of here from the x95 highways, in traffic is not for the faint of heart.

If you are on 95 north getting to the chargers is quick, if you are coming from the beltway then it takes a couple loops and turns etc. Good food options, shops, and much better than paying at National Harbor. The mall also has 6 ChargePoint chargers in the garage near Dicks and Macys

Reactions: bhakan and vdiv
I would hope instead of filing in holes down 95 they would work on vacation routes where there are none, before summer, like Point Harbor in NC on the way to OBX.

Seems a bit odd with all the sudden adds to 95 all of a sudden...

Heading down there this weekend, will charge at Norfolk then use PlugShare down there to make sure I can make it back to Norfolk

Wow. Huge thumbs up to @zambono for reporting this! I'm surprised it didn't go noticed till now. Exciting!
Now, where is the Fairfax one going to go? Any permits found yet?
Its gotta be Fair Oaks route 66/ route 50 or Fairfax Corner with all the apartments around that area, that are going to need about 50 stalls to cover that area..

Frankly they should install them at all the Wegmans - especially the new one being built in Chantilly and the old on located on route 29 in Fairfax, perfect place and if they did a demographic study Wegmans would nail it for income and time in the building shopping - no more than 30 minutes in and out.

Or, I wonder if the placement of superchargers is becoming as much about facilities that want in on the action? Springfield Mall has had free L2 charging for a long time. Maybe they went to Tesla and said they want superchargers? Who knows but I don't think you can have too many superchargers on the I-95 artery from Boston on South. This one will be pretty darn convenient for me.