Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Springfield, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I was sitting in front of the Supercharger uploading these pictures, two guys in a red Model X pull up and try to charge. I hopped out of the car and told them that the site wasn’t live yet, but recommended that they go to Woodbridge or National Harbor. The problem? They had 6 miles of range remaining! Oops. I took them over to the ChargePoint stations and started a session for them. Hopefully they stay there long enough to get enough juice to make it to a Supercharger. :eek:

Any news on the Fairfax location?

When I was at the Tysons SC this week, one of the guys said the Tysons supercharger is going to be 48 stalls!!

There are threads for the other Fairfax locations.

I just drove by again, and while the mall parking lot is almost completely full, not a single Supercharger stall is ICEd. :cool:

Also, the guys in the Model X ended up charging at the ChargePoint for an hour and 34 minutes and added 9.02 kWh. I think they probably made it to either National Harbor or Woodbridge.

Do we know when this station will be active ?

Welcome to the Forum!

I suspect Dominion just has to tie in the primary cables. They have to schedule an outage with the mall to do that. The meter is even set so they should be ready.

I was wondering about Fairfax also there still listed on the new map as well as Tysons.

On Tysons I have heard 10-20 and even 40 but dont think there is the demand for that many chargers. But I would believe 10-20 for starters and expandable in the future. I know Tysons is selling a ton of cars, so they are in the area.

5B91F321-E213-48D8-8387-1DBE855AE535.jpeg

Today’s update:

There was a worker from DA Foster installing the ground rod for the transformer. He said it’ll be ready to get hooked up this evening, but he doesn’t know if it will actually happen tonight or in a few days.

I got some great pictures of the inside of the transformer. Incoming voltage is 19,500 volts.

Reactions: vdiv
Were you going to go ahead and hook it up? o_O

Land the black cable with the yellow stripe on X0.

Land the Red, blue and yellow taped cables on X1,X2 and X3.

Did the guy have the stress cones to make up the HV side?

Did you give him your phone number to call when there done? :p

Seriously thanks for posting.

I keep Hawking the Royal Farms site in South Riding to see if there is even a hope of a SC, never see workers on site. Not looking like a strip mall now more like two pad sites. The for sale sign is now gone and I hope they flatten the two buildings decomposing behind the Royal Farms. It's not even on the map but we can hope.

I stopped by and charged at the Grasonville Royal Farms yesterday to Super Charge.

Were you going to go ahead and hook it up? o_O

I keep Hawking the Royal Farms site in South Riding to see if there is even a hope of a SC, never see workers on site. Not looking like a strip mall now more like two pad sites. The for sale sign is now gone and I hope they flatten the two buildings decomposing behind the Royal Farms. It's not even on the map but we can hope.

Leesburg Outlet Mall manager was asking me last time I charged about getting destination chargers and saying they are trying to get those.. I told him try for superchargers and remind everyone route 15 was a major route and covers area with lots of 3s and great location. He said he would try to reach out to Tesla.

Loudoun Supercharger desired thread :)

Leesburg Outlet Mall manager was asking me last time I charged about getting destination chargers and saying they are trying to get those.. I told him try for superchargers and remind everyone route 15 was a major route and covers area with lots of 3s and great location. He said he would try to reach out to Tesla.

Loudoun Supercharger desired thread :)

I would totaly agree, I run up and down Rt 15 twice a week and noticed the SC earmarked for Leesburg now. That would be nice. Fredrick is also on the list. Plus Rt 7 is right there to.

Many years ago I talked face to face with the DS at Tysons about why I was waiting and I showed him RT 15 all the way up to the finger lakes which I run once a year. I think they were just finishing 95 build out, and cross country. Said at least add them at the cross highways at the those innerchange points. Damn if they didnt add Harrisburg and Corning within two years. OK I'll buy the car.

Big Earl are the lights on at Springfield?

• Informative
Reactions: BitShop