Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DCFC/Efficiency Maine - Ellsworth, ME

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is an Efficiency Maine charger under construction at the Hannaford in Ellsworth on Rte. 1-3 towards Bar Harbor. To my delight there is an 8 bay supercharger also under construction as part of the same project. This isn’t mentioned on Tesla’s website nor the other EV apps.

There is an Efficiency Maine charger under construction at the Hannaford in Ellsworth on Rte. 1-3 towards Bar Harbor. To my delight there is an 8 bay supercharger also under construction as part of the same project. This isn’t mentioned on Tesla’s website nor the other EV apps.
By "Efficiency Maine charger under construction", do you actually mean you saw construction? I know it's one of the locations two chargers will be added, but I'm not aware of any of them starting. (I have a Kona EV, so have a particular interest in so e of the new chargers.)

I heard from the utility Versant that ReVision Energy will be putting in two 50-62kW DCFC ChargePoint units, perhaps this summer. I’m guessing they will be next to the Tesla stalls but there was no additional ground prep done at the same time as the Supercharger prep as they have done elsewhere.

I heard from the utility Versant that ReVision Energy will be putting in two 50-62kW DCFC ChargePoint units, perhaps this summer. I’m guessing they will be next to the Tesla stalls but there was no additional ground prep done at the same time as the Supercharger prep as they have done elsewhere.
I'd hope it would be summer. The decision was June 2021 and the RFP requested to install within a year.

Just noticed these are showing in Plugshare app with the wrench icon

“Two high-speed chargers, each at least 50 kW in capacity and universally accessible (both CHAdeMO and CCS plugs) will be installed by August 2022 at the following locations:
  • Hannaford Supermarket, High St., Ellsworth (project owned by Revision Energy)
  • Hannaford Supermarket, Lincolnville Ave., Belfast (project owned by Revision Energy)
  • Irving Oil, Odlin Rd., Bangor
  • Irving Oil, Moosehead Trail, Newport
  • Irving Oil, Center St., Fairfield
  • Irving Oil, Washington St., Auburn
  • Petronino Corp. (On the Way), Lisbon St., Lewiston”

• Informative
Reactions: kayak1 and mociaf9
Just noticed these are showing in Plugshare app with the wrench icon

“Two high-speed chargers, each at least 50 kW in capacity and universally accessible (both CHAdeMO and CCS plugs) will be installed by August 2022 at the following locations:
  • Hannaford Supermarket, High St., Ellsworth (project owned by Revision Energy)
  • Hannaford Supermarket, Lincolnville Ave., Belfast (project owned by Revision Energy)
  • Irving Oil, Odlin Rd., Bangor
  • Irving Oil, Moosehead Trail, Newport
  • Irving Oil, Center St., Fairfield
  • Irving Oil, Washington St., Auburn
  • Petronino Corp. (On the Way), Lisbon St., Lewiston”

None of these are helpful in getting the gap filled in the North East. The Lewiston one will fill a gap and help people going to school or have apartments in that area.

I was hoping that Efficiency Maine would have looked to get some coverage up on RT1, where it's just not covered.

The new Tesla Map doesn't have anything on RT1 between Ellsworth and Canada.

None of these are helpful in getting the gap filled in the North East. The Lewiston one will fill a gap and help people going to school or have apartments in that area.

I was hoping that Efficiency Maine would have looked to get some coverage up on RT1, where it's just not covered.

The new Tesla Map doesn't have anything on RT1 between Ellsworth and Canada.
There is need for Tesla SuperCharger in the Town of Macias, Maine..halfway between Ellsworth & Baileyville, before cross into Canada by Calais.

• Love
Reactions: kayak1
2FF7C351-3F49-4826-A1EC-5100364B25EB.jpeg

Reactions: Gwgan