Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bolingbrook, IL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Progess... meter is now installed.
2ETo8wN.jpg

Back from a long roadtrip. Unfortunately one week ago we hit a deer in WY and then hit a tree. My X is gone. Son unscathed and my injuries are to my left eye & socket via the deer. Car did amazingly well from what I can tell so far.

Last edited:
Tesla's map now shows another SC location/area to be...
Wrigleyville. How close to the Cubs ? With using that name and that area is getting a high end hotel etc. It's a major destination. So I would guess pretty close.

This place has turned into a zoo on the weekend. The wave of the model 3's has taken a foothold and half the spots. I felt bad for one out of state driver who obviously needed a charge to continue their trip. Hope Tesla offers some additional sites to the Chicagoland area to help with congestion.

This place has turned into a zoo on the weekend. The wave of the model 3's has taken a foothold and half the spots. I felt bad for one out of state driver who obviously needed a charge to continue their trip. Hope Tesla offers some additional sites to the Chicagoland area to help with congestion.
A bit of a problem having SuperChargers near grocery stores or malls for sure. A similar view of M3s on a roadtrip from IL to NC over Thanksgiving. More than have the cars charging are Tesla Model 3s. Did not keep track of the travelers by looking at the license plates to see if they matched the state I was in ... but then again Thanksgiving travelers could be going to other parts of the same state to visit relatives. Did meet one couple from MI (!) while in KY.

Hopefully Elon's tweet is real that they are significantly adding to Superchargers next year.

Anyone know what's going on with this Supercharger location? On my in-vehicle map, instead of the usual Supercharger icon, there's a white circle with a line through it and when I tap on it, it says "restricted" or something to that effect. What does that mean?

Anyone know what's going on with this Supercharger location? On my in-vehicle map, instead of the usual Supercharger icon, there's a white circle with a line through it and when I tap on it, it says "restricted" or something to that effect. What does that mean?
Same icon in the phone app (Android). Thought maybe I could click on it and see a status. When I clicked on it, then it was sent to my vehicles NAV :)

I was out running some errand and stopped there to shop at the Meyers. It was busy and seemed to be working as expected based on my SOC. I talked to another X owner there and they said they spoke to some surveyors a while back that indicated that they were expanding it (more pedestals).

tZPm2QY.jpg

I haven't been to that SuC in awhile but I know there is a large sign by the stalls that say charging is limited to XX number of minutes.