TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New supercharger in Bolingbrook, IL

Discussion in 'Supercharging & Charging Infrastructure' started by sammyfan711, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Torqueria

Torqueria Member

Thank you. Good to hear about the likely expansion. Seems like that’s a very busy location. Maybe they’ll surprise us with some V3 stalls.

2. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

Obviously, this is near I355 and Boughton for travelers but I think a bunch of nearby locals are using it. I did as a test and to go pick up a couple items at the grocery store.

3. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

Tested out the new charger port I had replaced a few weeks back (didn't want to always self-close all the way).
    Also had trouble at this charger when it had an icon showing it as not working (yet others charged).

This Bolingbrook charger seems to be working well. I'm pulling 91 kW and I'm almost at 51% SOC. (X 100D)

[​IMG]

4. renambot

renambot Member

Charging there today, and the parking spots next to the supercharger are fenced up. Maybe the expansion is starting?

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  5. sammyfan711

sammyfan711 Member

Pics attached of the possible expansion - 3111AE45-D374-4AA5-86BA-A8A1D8BD43AA.jpeg 777D6888-090B-4E7C-AEEC-207E0DD02D06.jpeg Could this be a V3 upgrade?

• Informative x 1
  6. Big Earl

Big Earl Supporting Member

The pictures don't tell us anything about V2 vs V3. Keep an eye out and get some pictures when they start doing the electrical work.

7. NecessaryEVo

NecessaryEVo New Member

Progress as of today - not sure if anyone can glean anything useful but thought I'd share. Currently three out of the eight chargers are non-functional. I spoke with a mobile technician that happened to be charging there and he confirmed Tesla is aware of the problem.

Attached Files:

• Informative x 2
  8. sammyfan711

sammyfan711 Member

I just spoke to the foreman - confirmed V3 charging upgrade is being installed! He reported it will be upgraded by the end of the year. He also mentioned no Powerpack / Solar will be installed (it doesn't make sense in the Midwest).

Fremont, Hawthorne, Vegas... and Bolingbrook!

What a dream!

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  9. thx1139

thx1139 Member

I live very close and Solar works for us. Hell the whole Meijer at this location should have solar panels on the huge flat roof it has.

10. sammyfan711

sammyfan711 Member

Same here-I have solar and two power walls and it works just fine. From the context I think he was referring to the return on investment

11. thx1139

thx1139 Member

Stopped by on Saturday. Seems like they have the bases poured and conduit ran for 8 more stalls. Cant tell if any will be V3.

• Informative x 3