Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Brooklyn, NY - Brooklyn Museum

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
NØmeter
78567452-93C4-4EA2-B333-26E41C2BF7AF.jpeg

Reactions: ljbad4life
Screenshot 2018-09-28 at 8.50.14 PM.png

I'm pretty sure the information might be incorrect. As with my own experience visiting the site and the photos posted up thread those look like urban chargers to me that max out at ~72kw. They are identical to the valley stream urban chargers.

Reactions: Chuq
A post on PlugShare today stated that the parking fees were higher than usual today due to an event at the museum. Would be nice to have a calendar of when parking rates are higher than avg.

I went there today. There is a special event every first Saturday of the month for the Brooklyn Museum and the rate is $18 until 5pm as opposed to the standard rate of $6 for one hour. There was also another event across the street in the park. When I got there the parking lot was full and all the Tesla chargers were iced. Fortunately, they moved the car in the charger stall so I can charge. Like the picture Mr. PlugShare showed, not all of the chargers are up yet.

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP
Charged today at this ubran charger. It's a busy spot. The other 4 stalls are not online yet and it seems that only 1 meter was installed, the lower meter. That may be the reason why the others are not operational. If you are looking for a quick top up, parking is free for 15 minutes.

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP
I got there at just after 7:15pm this evening, all 6 super chargers were available. It's $6 for an hour, which is how long I stayed. When I returned to my car, one other Tesla was there (a Model S).

I can imagine this gets ICE'd during busy times, but it won't be busy when the museum or botanical gardens are not busy.

....I was only pulling 24kw though, keen to hear how others have fared.

I got my Model 3 btw :)

I have a model 3 too. It depends on your state of charge, if the battery is warm or cold and a bunch of other factors. I've consistently pulled 72kw from the chargers every time I've charged there (the speed tapers as the charge gets higher). I haven't had to charge there in about 2 weeks. Hopefully there isn't a problem with the chargers.

Reactions: Bunky
I have a model 3 too. It depends on your state of charge, if the battery is warm or cold and a bunch of other factors. I've consistently pulled 72kw from the chargers every time I've charged there (the speed tapers as the charge gets higher). I haven't had to charge there in about 2 weeks. Hopefully there isn't a problem with the chargers.

Thanks for the info, I’m new to this. I think likely a combo of high state of charge and low battery temp.